aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Shop/Restaurants Open and Close Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker
Whats happening with reptiles on the greens old premises, sat for years closed with the signage still up and old stock sitting inside. I noticed recently the signage has been removed, outside of the shop has been painted and all the old stock removed.

The old Reptiles on the green on the castlegate is now a foreign shop not sure about the green shop though. Isn't the one on the green now a tattoo parlour.

Guest Cool Thinker
So then, Mr Thinker, where do you get your info from? Do you work in the arena of Aberdeen commercial property transactions or do you feverishly scour the online planning application registry on a daily basis?

I cannot tell you where I get my information from because it is classified but I can tell you one thing it has nothing to do with my job.

• Upvote 2

Guest Cool Thinker
What's a foreign shop?

A shop that sells international food like polish food, dutch food etc they are very common now in Aberdeen with all the foreigners coming over. Some of them do not let you in if you do not speak the language like the sign is in another language etc that really annoys me.

A shop that sells international food like polish food, dutch food etc they are very common now in Aberdeen with all the foreigners coming over. Some of them do not let you in if you do not speak the language like the sign is in another language etc that really annoys me.

That's utter bullshit made up by racists. Why would a shop not want to make money? Honestly, do people have no cynicism any more?

"Fucking muslims have meant that we can't have Christmas decorations"

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
That's utter bullshit made up by racists. Why would a shop not want to make money? Honestly, do people have no cynicism any more?

"Fucking muslims have meant that we can't have Christmas decorations"

You obviously have not been to the one near me. If you go in they speak to you in another language and if you speak English they do not understand. I do not mind them being there because there is alot of demand but it is the fact that the people do not understand English and the signs are not in English. I would not mind if they said it in another language but had underneath had a translation.

You obviously have not been to the one near me. If you go in they speak to you in another language and if you speak English they do not understand. I do not mind them being there because there is alot of demand but it is the fact that the people do not understand English and the signs are not in English. I would not mind if they said it in another language but had underneath had a translation.

Them not speaking English doesn't stop you from grabbing a jar of Sauerkraut and handing over your money. They are mostly marketing themselves at the Polish community, and that's fine, but I highly doubt they are kicking locals out of the door for not being Polish.

That's pretty normal nowadays. Welcome to modern diaspora.

NO! You're wrong! The sign on the door CLEARLY states that the English language will not be accepted, only the 'foreign' tongue. Cool Thinker knows this as these instructions are written on the door in a foreign language which he can't read because only the English language is allowed in the shop.....oh wait....

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
Them not speaking English doesn't stop you from grabbing a jar of Sauerkraut and handing over your money. They are mostly marketing themselves at the Polish community, and that's fine, but I highly doubt they are kicking locals out of the door for not being Polish.

I agree, can we please get back to topic as this could go on for a while. If I have offended anyone by my comments I am sorry and I did not mean it.

Guest Cool Thinker
Xenophobia didn't translate into funny picture form. Sorry for being lazy :(

I do not understand what you mean I am not afraid of people from different countries. Can we please get back to topic.