aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Shop/Restaurants Open and Close Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Unknown but it will be 4,186 square feet and will also feature a PC World and will sell PC's aswell as what the old one sold.

I know all that already. You just seem to be the go to guy for this sort of shit, so i thought you might've had an inside scoop. It sold PCs before but they wanted a bigger unit as they're changing its status from a Currys Digital to a Currys/PC World 2-in-1 as they phase out the "Digital" section of the DSG business (the store on Princes Street in Edinburgh just went through a similar change).

aye I meant the journals that actually distribute the papers to the shops, not the actual evening express shop.

a local owned buttery company closing down and being 300k in debt saddens me more than these franchise jobs popping up and dissapearing.

Findlay Clark went into administration last week too, with people who have worked there for 20+ years loosing their job. SAD TIMES

Guest Cool Thinker
you also forgot Euro Car Parts opened in St Machar 1 month ago.

I cannot keep track of local areas we will need to work out boundries like city centre and beach or something because I do not have enough time to go round every street in Aberdeen.

• Upvote 2

Guest Cool Thinker
The Clinton Cards shop closing is an odd one as they were advertising for a Store Manager not long ago.

It's the downstairs store there will still be the one upstairs and the trinity centre one. Stupid that they are closing the downstairs one and keeping the upstairs one as theres more people downstairs.

Yup, still on the go and still doing pretty well. It's a chain and they've really expanded the rental side of their business too.

That's good to hear! I remember even as a kid thinking the salesman to customer ratio was a bit on the high side and thinking they couldn't be making much money but glad to be proved wrong. It's always been THE place for 'smart breeks'.

Guest Cool Thinker
also, i've noticed this is very much retail oriented - how about some pubs/restaurants?

What loose-themed moon bar is Estaminet nowadays?

I have noticed that too maybe it has something to do with the name of the thread "Aberdeen Shops/Restaurants Open and Close Thread".:)

also, i've noticed this is very much retail oriented - how about some pubs/restaurants?

What loose-themed moon bar is Estaminet nowadays?

Last time I was in it was something terrible like Micky Finnigans Fun Bar or something like that. It was full of neds and there was a DJ pressing play on iTunes. A far cry from the awesomeness that was Estaminet and its live DJs 7 nights a week.

Guest Cool Thinker
Criterion, or Frank McDougall's Sports Bar.

Really? An Indian spice shop? It's one way to get rid of the stink of piss I suppose.

Yes but there is some spices that really stink of garlic etc so I it will smell either way.