aberdeen-music

Anyone Remember That Singing Things

Guest Cool Thinker

I worked for a few weeks at that horrible clothes store next to virgin. Not D2, the other one. Mix Active or something like that. I echo the annoying singing santa sentiment. I remember there being an amazing amount of 'gossip' amongst people who worked in the Bon Accord. Things like the woman who rented out the kiddy carts shagging one of the security guards in the toilets, that kind of thing - ahhh, those were the days.

Guest Cool Thinker
I worked for a few weeks at that horrible clothes store next to virgin. Not D2, the other one. Mix Active or something like that. I echo the annoying singing santa sentiment. I remember there being an amazing amount of 'gossip' amongst people who worked in the Bon Accord. Things like the woman who rented out the kiddy carts shagging one of the security guards in the toilets, that kind of thing - ahhh, those were the days.

Every thing in this post is now gone.

Virgin - Closed

D2 - Closed

Mix Active - Closed

Singing Bears - Gone

Rent a kiddy kart - Gone

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker
All the shops in that corner where virgin was struggled. Not much foot traffic compared the the man thoroughfare*.

Have there been many closures at the new shopping center yet?

*great word

Lab Sport

Faith

Gio Goi

Urban Kids

Azendi

Cult became a Superdry store

A few others it is hard to remember because the ones that have closed have been replaced quite quickly.

Guest Cool Thinker
Was the gio goi store not their first retail unit in the UK?

Yes it was they opened a couple other stores but they all failed so they closed them down and now it is becoming a shop called Joules that sell designer wellies.

Guest Cool Thinker
Cool Thinker - how on earth do you keep track of all these store openings and closings? Is it a hobby for you?

No, I just glance every now and again but no it's not a hobby.

I don't remember those things, because I made a vow when the Bon Accord Centre opened not to go into the place. Sadly had to renege on that when my mum needed me to get stuff from there, so now I cut through it to get to George St when it's raining. I wish they'd never stopped the light show outside th Co-opie arcade, and the Christmas tree with the toy trains going round it in the station. :(

Does the lift in the Academy Centre (near the new music shop) still tell you the floor in an Aberdeen accent?

• Upvote 1