aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Playing at the toilet level in this game is incredibly difficult. I started a game as unemployed, got signed-up by Havant & Waterlooville. Was fired after about 35 games with the team 18th in the league.

Next I went to Tonbridge Angels. Woeful start saw is in the relegation zone, but I pulled us up to 16th where we hovered for a while before I eventually got fired.

Droylsden next. Six games, no wins, no job.

Started a new game as Chester in the BSN now. The most difficult thing, for me, is dealing with the shitty players. I'm too much of a tinkerman tactics-wise so I have no idea how to set these shitebags out, basically. This time I've opted for a simple 4-4-2 with no real instructions other than to stick it on the big man's head. We're 4th after 20 games but still 11 points off the league leaders, and the fans are calling for my head.

Really hard, this.

My Aberdeen game is going pretty well. Came 3rd in my first season and won the league cup and came 2nd in my second season. Signed some ex-EPL ladz on frees half way through the season which helped my tremendously in the second half of the season. The likes of Andy Johnson, Shaun Derry played a huge part in the cause and didn't want to leave after their 6 month stints at the club, but they came here to do a job and are now no longer needed.

I've also learnt not to listen too much to your scouts or coaches recommendations of players. Everyone told me signing a 36 year old Chris Iwelumo was a terrible idea, and my coach says he is of 1 star of quality, but he's nae caring; 22 league goals and various in each cup make him the top scorer in the SPL across all competitions (second to Gary Hooper in the league). Triggered a clause giving him an extra season, so now at 37, hopefully he can do the same!

Unfortunately, the club is fucked for money, so my wage budget has been cut for the second consecutive season (despite qualifying for the Europa League!). Nae much money to bring in aged mercenaries, so trying to pick up young players that have been released. Got a couple of lads out of obscurity that are going to be killer, as well as a Mozambiquey central midfielder called Simao. Seriosuly, check this bloke out; ridiculous stats and only wants £1k/week. Easily my best player!

The objective this season will be to win another cup, get to the group stages of the Europa League (already beat an Icelandic club 13-0 on aggregate in the 2nd qualifying round) and to beat Celtic at home. I thought it'd be easy to knock them off their perch, but they keep improving also. They won the league in February!

Unfortunately The Huns won the Scottish Cup from the 2nd division :(.

Also, the secret to my success: 3-5-2. Flood that midfield!

Finally some silverware in the Franklin trophy cabinet, a nice little domestic cup double. Made the quarters of the champions league but beaten by Chelsea. Oh well back to slumming it in the europa league next season as my league form suffered with all my cup shenanigans.

Paid 16 million for an unproven 19 year old striker! He does have five star potential though, could be a gamble or a shrewd bit of business!

I got Chester promoted to the Blue Square Premier. We went on an absurd run of something like 15 games without a loss and pipped the mighty Harrogate to the title by 2 points. Success.

I then ran into a major problem. Literally every single player on my books was set to leave on a free transfer. I offered renewals where I could, but the greedy cunts all wanted an extra couple of hundred quid a week. Piss off, I said, and only retained the 6-7 players I deemed essential. Unfortunately this meant signing a whole new team during the summer, which will ensure we play like ass for the first 3 months of the season, but whatevs. I'm hoping that a league club will come knocking for my services soon because this non-league malarkey is incredibly frustrating. Maybe 1 out of 5 players you offer contracts to actually want to sign, and we're not exactly talking world-beaters here.

Falcao went to Arsenal in my game for £44 million. Neymar's at Man U, cost them £42 million.

No idea where they're getting the money from, so far Arsenal have only sold two high-profile players (Chamakh and Djr.. Drj... that guy) but somehow have enough left over for Falcao.

Thankfully he's scored three goals for them in about twelve games.

Me and my mates are doing an FM "fantasy draft" thing tomorrow. The idea is to each take it in turns to pick a squad of 22 players, then throw our newly-created teams into the Premier League and do a season. I've already put about 3 hours thought into who I'm going to pick. Maximum nerdage.

I figure the other guys are going to try and play "football the right way," given literally every player in the world is at our disposal. I'm going the opposite way: I will create the ultimate long-ball team or die trying. Iniesta and Ribery? Fuck off, give me Khedira and Huth. You can keep the change.

Falcao is amazing in my game. I can't buy him, because the knobhead wasn't born in Basque. He just can't be stopped. Real Madrid are top and Atleti second. No Barca in there. Falcao has scored something like 1,000(approx) this season.

I'm playing as Chelsea (for my sins) and he's five-star ability. Apart from the usual suspects (i.e. most of the Barca first team and Ronaldo etc) there are only four players I can think of that are five-star ability from pretty much day one:

1. Falcao
  2. Neymar
  3. Mats Hummels
  4. Eden Hazard

:(

Right-o. I've been fannying around with various short-lived games since I got FM at Christmas. It's time to sink my teeth into a project.

Here's a club who were taken over by a group of venture capitalists in 2007, saving the club from the brink of extinction but almost driving them into the ground over the six years that have followed. They've managed to clear the club's £60m worth of debt, then somehow saddle them with another £30m. The club are losing an estimated £300k a month, even after selling players like top-scorer Lucas Jutkiewicz after being relegated from the Championship last season.

The board have bumbled through a series of managerial appointments and dismissals and no fewer than 12 men have managed this club in the past six years. They have a huge, oversized white elephant of a stadium that costs them a whopping £1.28m in rent every year. That's a heck of a lot more than the League One average of £170k p/a. Their average attendance is under 11k in a 32k-seater stadium. They currently face administration if they can't find a way to reduce these hefty payments, and the idea of moving to this stadium, Nene Park, has become a real possibility. The only problem is that this stadium is 45 miles away from their current location.

Here is where I've landed:-

295768d1356909608-coventry-city-story-so-far-coventry-city.jpg

This is gonna be a rough one. More overly-detailed, stupid, shitty, nerdy posts to follow.

• Upvote 1

I haven't played for ages. Went back to my Bilbao game. Only just past the January transfer window. I haven't been zooming through this one. I've been pretty in depth, tweaking my tactics accordingly each game, to perfect the art of NO BALL FOR YOU!

January transfer window was mental. Rooney to PSG for £50million. Javier Hernandez to Real Madrid for £24million, but he never gets a game. Eden Hazard to Manchester City for £48million. David Villa to Dortmund for £14million.

And nobody to Athletic Bilbao for £0million because I have no money and no good players come from the Basque. Fuck off.

I'm still 2nd behind Real. Barca are 4th behind Falcao, and the other 10 players who do nothing at Atletico Madrid in 3rd. Iker Munian, Oscar De Marcos, Javi Martinez and my youth prodigy Plato are all immense. The rest of my team is bollocks. I concede loads of goals, but I outscore most, so I'm relying on that. Llorentwho? Fuck off, traitor.

If I win La Liga, Gerard Pique has to relinquish Shakira. She will be the property of Big Bastard.

• Upvote 1

Transfer windows in FM13 seem to be insane ALL OF THE TIME. It makes no sense. Rochina just went to Athletico for £15m.

Yeah, but he's a player with massive potential (at least according to computer games), and if a player is on form their worth goes up exponentially.  I got offered £3mm for Peter Pawlett after a brilliant few months and an average match rating of >8.5.  I tried to sell him then, but he wouldn't go (it was to Hibs) and now he's not that good again, as his stats stipulate.  I'd probably only get £700m for him now, only a season later.   

Yeah, but he's a player with massive potential (at least according to computer games), and if a player is on form their worth goes up exponentially.  I got offered £3mm for Peter Pawlett after a brilliant few months and an average match rating of >8.5.  I tried to sell him then, but he wouldn't go (it was to Hibs) and now he's not that good again, as his stats stipulate.  I'd probably only get £700m for him now, only a season later.   

Would that be to an entire country to kick start the league, every team gets him but have to play him in one position.

After just over 3 seasons at Aberdeen, two second place finishes, two domestic cups and two Europa League runs (last 16 then left them 2nd place in their group) I was offered the Everton job after David Moyes was sacked.  They are wallowing in in the bottom 3, have a transfer budget of £0, a remaining wage budget of £20k/week and have sold Fellaini, Baines, Jelavic, Osman, Heitinga and brought in pretty much no-one good.  What has Moyes done here?  Where did all the money from player sales go?!  I’ve joined at a terrible time as it’s out-with the transfer window and my 3 best players and most promising youngster are all out injured for a couple of months.  They want a European spot and I’m like “what the hell?!”  Also, my first 3 games are against Spurs, City and Chelsea, who are 2nd, 1st and 4th respectively.  This could just be the biggest challenge of my football managing career. 

Everton are always a club I’ve wanted to go.  They’re not very good in computer games, have no money and high expectations.  If I can turn this club around in 3 seasons, I’ll be gunning for a top job.  Love moving up the ladder.  I think I’ll start with a domestic cup this season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 3rd with Bilbao in my first season, above Barca, but below winners Real Madrid, and Falcao Madrid. Lost Oscar De Marcos and Iker Munain in the summer. I was 9th by Christmas and bottom of the Champions League group. Lost Javi Martinez (again!) in January. Release clauses are a cunt. Finished the season 14th. Bilbao are a dick to manage. Your best players fuck off, and you can't buy anyone worth a jot. I had so much money. Richer than astronauts. I couldn't spend any of it. I'm out!

I want to build some oil-rich world-domineering empire, but from the bottom, so I don't wanna be City or PSG or nothing. How do I make an average team super rich before the game starts? Tactics are boring. I want to take over the world. I'll be what Mark Hughes was to City. The guinea pig with a cheque book.

Had a terrible start with Everton but went on a streak from January-the end of the season without losing, all off the back of winning the Capital One Cup.  Ended up just pipping Newcastle and Liverpool to 6th in the league as well.  Beat Liverpool and City home and away, which the fans loved.  Not a bad first almost full season! 

It took me a while to get the right tactics, I only had one win in my first 6 (against City at the Etihad, no less) and was languishing in 19th place, the papers mocking my terrible start.  It seems you have to play defensively with Everton, regardless of opposition or whether you're home or away.  So playing a defensive 4-3-3 was the key, which turned into more of a 4-5-1 at bigger teams.  Real Stoke City football it was, the fans bloody love it though.  Sitting in 8th and top of my Champion's League group in November of my second season.  Couldn't defend my Capital One Cup though as I got knocked out in the first game at home to Coventry (because I went attacking).  Signed Lindegaard, Carrick, Chamakh and about 10 youth players on frees and invested £12.5mm in Jordan Rhodes, £2mm on Jan Vertonghen and £8.5mm on Gino Perruzzi (who's an amazing Argentinian right back). 

Got offered a job at Schalke 04 in Germany so thought 'fuck' it and left my beloved Cambridge United after over 10 seasons in charge.  Schalke were predictably doing shit (14th in the league) but went on a massive winning run and ended up finishing 2nd in the league.  Was knocked out champs league in first knockout round by an injury time winner from Lyon and league winners Bayern dicked me in the cup semi final.  Still board and fans happy with my work so far.  Fuck all of a transfer budget (8 million) but expected to challenge for the title.  Team has a good youth set up and some very promising youngsters coming through the system.  Quite a challenge to topple the mighty Munich though and win the title. 

Not playing nearly as much as I'd like but hope to get my second Schalke season underway this week.

You can do this on the FM12 for iPhone version due to a bug. My maidenhead team curretly boasts Rooney, Balotelli, Messi, Ronaldo, Hulk, Fletcher and Schweinsteiger, all digging deep in the Blue Square South.

I want to build some oil-rich world-domineering empire, but from the bottom, so I don't wanna be City or PSG or nothing. How do I make an average team super rich before the game starts? Tactics are boring. I want to take over the world. I'll be what Mark Hughes was to City. The guinea pig with a cheque book.

Edited by Sam 45