aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

• 5 weeks later...

Finished season 2 with Wednesday. Promotion season, finished 3rd. It was a totally bonkers season. Nobody really bossed it, and Spurs won it in the end, with a measly 70 points.

My form was patchy for the most part, but then I went on this run:

amazingrun_zpsbd3122fc.jpg

Dunno what happened to Fergie, but Man United went on this run, and eventually got sacked at the end of the season:

2013-09-05_00007_zpsa8a593ca.jpg

Liverpool got 9 points deducted too. Why?

liverpooladmin_zps96bf58ee.jpg

Administration. Transfer Embargo. Lolocaust.

So Fergie got sacked, and Tottenham's title winning Marcelo Bielsa immediately took the job, and went out and bought MESSI & RONALDO. I've never seen either of them be sold in the game. Nevermind both at the same time...

I can't decide on continuing or shopping around. So I've saved it at the end of the season, then resigned into a different save, to see what job I can land. Alternate timeline! If I regret it, I'll turn the clock back and return to Wednesday like nothing happened. Swag.

Has anybody had any experience with the lower Scottish Leagues?

I'm currently in my sixth season as Alloa boss and it's a total grind. Between suspensions for red and yellow cards and injuries I've struggled to keep a consistent line up from match to match for the past four years. It's really making it difficult to push for promotion into the 1st division. 

I'm currently using a 5-1-3-1 tactic with an emphasis on defensive play and possession as Alloa are a lot worse than the other teams in 2nd Division and have no real strike force so damage control is necessary. 

I don't know if I can handle another 2nd division mid table finish.

WTF? Messi and Ronaldo both sold to United? Crazy.

Can you screenshot your formation/squad please?

I know, right? I want that United job now. Sack Bielsa. Hire Bastard. Managing both Messi and Ronaldo surely must be unstoppable?

I thought I'd started a new save when I quit Wednesday, but it's overwritten, so no going back. Arse. This was my my best starting line up anyway:

Welbeck

Aranquiz                                            Rav Morrison

Mayor       McCabe

Frimpong

Moses     Pogatetz     Musacchio     Dja Djedje

Lindegaard

Lindegaard, Pogatetz and Aranguiz were bosmans. Frimpong was a loan. Spent pretty much everything on Welbeck. Worth it. He is immense. Rhys McCabe develops pretty great too. Pogatetz is monstrous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Somewhat perversely, I am just getting in to FM13 now. I bought it over a year ago, but I just hadn't quite got over my ex-girlfriend, FM09, so I didn't feel right moving on to FM13. But I am well and truly over FM09, and FM13 is fucking delicious.

I just started a game with Sheffield Wednesday, and I have devised a 2-4-3-1 formation, akin to the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool. I can't wait to get home tonight and start my preseason. It's weird not knowing how the match engine works, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Have finally given up FM 2013 and today purchased 14 despite the dodgy reviews as it was 17 quid on Amazon and I had some Christmas vouchers to spend.  Achieved everything I wanted to at club level apart from winning the Premier League title with my beloved Cambridge United.  Decided to give it one last shot - played the reserves in both domestic cup competitions and champions league resulting in early exits domestically but still made quarter finals of champs league - but was still thwarted to 2nd place for the third season running!!!