aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

Surely the only thing it won't be able to handle is the 3d match engine though, right? The rest is just databases. I don't even use the 3D match view.

Yeah processor and RAM wise it wont be that much different to this year, just graphically. But im not playing half a game, i pay £30 and i want to play the full thing.

Fuck half efforts when it comes to FM!! Who do you think i am??!!

Yeah processor and RAM wise it wont be that much different to this year, just graphically. But im not playing half a game, i pay £30 and i want to play the full thing.

Fuck half efforts when it comes to FM!! Who do you think i am??!!

Can I just say the pre-order is only 19.99 at Grainger Games, save yourself a tenner on me Milner ;)

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/football-manager-2013-pc-preorder-including-beta-access-19-99-grainger-games-online-1325577

• 3 weeks later...

I got the beta last night :D

Looks a lot different, UI is very different to before, will take a bit of getting used too.

Decided to start a Man Utd game just to get a feel of it all, first thing i decided to do was look for a director of football, and the single greatest thing that has ever happen on FM happened to me, Eric Cantona was appointed!!! The big man then decided that Bale would be a good addition to the squad and made it happen! I went to bed very happy.

• Upvote 2

I got the beta last night :D

Looks a lot different, UI is very different to before, will take a bit of getting used too.

Decided to start a Man Utd game just to get a feel of it all, first thing i decided to do was look for a director of football, and the single greatest thing that has ever happen on FM happened to me, Eric Cantona was appointed!!! The big man then decided that Bale would be a good addition to the squad and made it happen! I went to bed very happy.

Cantona would be a mental director of football. Just kicking folks faces if they disagree like some kind of French Jet Li.

Yeah you can a huge amount of control over what they do, and you can decide if you want one in the first place, they can do everything transfer wise, from selling players you select, or just selling any players they want, same for buying, you can tell them who to go for or let them have free will over who they pursue, although there is a slight bug right now where they want you to have 12 keepers in your squad, but you can stop any tranfer if you want. You can also appoint one yourself, or let the board do it, again there is so much choice with the feature. There is tons more as well, you can set your head of youth to deal with all incoming and out going players, contracts and everything like that.

Of course tho, your trusting the AI not to be stupid, so im not sure how much control ill give it in the long run, right now its good banter seeing what the game can do, i must say appoint sir Eric is the single best AI decision i have ever seen in FM, to then go after Bale who fills a weak point in the United team is really good as well.

One thing i have found is this version is hard, very hard, my first three game with United were in an American tour, lost them all! I dont lose many games in FM so im already re-working all my tactics.

Training is a bit weird, you no longer make schedules for players, they are automatically put into appropriate schedules for their position, you can then change them to train to the roles in the tactics creator, so you can set a striker to train as a poacher or a winger as an inside forward, not really sure what the effects of this will be on player progression.

They have also added a deadline day feature you can choose to be a part of or opt out, bascially means that transfer day can be a lot more hectic than normal.

There's tons more ive not come across yet tho. It kinda feels like a brand new game for the first time in a few edditions. Ill need to crack out my FM geek hat and get back on it.

Having an exciting first season, 8 games to go in the BSP and a four teams going for that coveted automatic promotion slot with 2 points between them, really busy over the next couple of days so looking forward to finishing the season with a vodka and lemonade on Sat night. Had a look at the challenges and they are pretty neat as well. Really enjoying the game so far... deffo less late goals and also I am not missing shit loads of penalties like I did on FM12!

just fell short first season, title went to last day of the season but Luton won so my draw against Macclesfield meant nothing, then knocked out in play offs on fucking penalties by that football giant Gateshead... oh well the joy of rebuilding for season 2 awaits!!!