aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

I would much prefer individual threads for each career if the mods wouldn't get too antsy about it. Makes it easier to read through and recall previous updates. It's hardly going to clutter the board if a two or three people have FM career stories.

No. I think keeping everyone's updates in one thread is fine. There's not that many that it's hard to keep track of if you read the thread often. Better that way for the handful of users that are interested in it than cluttering up the What's New feed with 4 or 5 (or more) different FM threads.

It's gonna be a tough choice choosing a team this year. I shared Big Bastards loss of interest after I ended my Newport County reign. South America is well appealing with all the gangs, tanned senorita's, hooliganism and liberal cocaine use. However the league system over there is a bit mental. Also the sheer amount of games they play fairly slows game play down. I'll be hitting my first transfer window when Milner will be wrapping up his 40th season.

I'm definitely going to start with a Blackburn Rovers game. It's going to be more fun now they're in the Championship. A midfield of David Dunn and Danny Murphy makes me lol for some reason. It's the kind of midfield pairing I will persist with until their both dead. They'll be like Xavi and Iniesta; Murphy playing as a DLP and Dunny as an AP. Yes.

I am enjoying my current game however, so I might see it out a wee while longer. Now in the 2017/2018 season, my 4th season at Man United. I have a new generation breaking into the team that I want to go on to win everything with. Plus I have a huge rivalry with Arsenal manager, Rafa Benitez, and City manager, Jose Mourinho. Bob Bradley is at Chelsea, but we're pals. He fucking hates Rafa and all.

During team time I've scoured the bowels of wikipedia and picked my team for the new FM.

Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas. Or Botafogo FR for short.

With a stunning record of football related gun crime and these cheeky Skol loving lads in the stands how could I not pick them?

005.jpg

Diamond Dallas Page was always bigger than Hogan in Brazil!

They've got a pretty strong squad and have just made a pretty exciting addition to their team this transfer window.

539803_339298759483722_1941183651_n.jpg

Former Wehen coach and all round purveyor of on pitch violence. Clarence Seedorf.

I'm genuinely excited for FM13 now.

• Upvote 1

The other exciting thing about the new game for me is that they're using the Steam network to run network games, rather than hosting it on one of the players' computers and everybody 'dialing in'. Had an excellent network game with my brother a few years back but struggled to get it working properly in more recent versions of FM. Likely to be much easier to get going using Steam logins. YES.

• Upvote 1

We will really need to make use of this Steam network and get an ABmusic game going!!!

Difficult part is getting an evening where everyone is free to play! Perhaps the night after the ab-music five-a-side? Get in here and get yer name down, Milner. You too, SJ.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/threads/the-organising-and-the-playing-of-football.45850/page-84#post-766615

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah if you pre-order you get a beta of the game 2 weeks in advance, great bonus, buy the game early so you get the privillage to beta test it for 2 weeks and let them fix any last minute problems..........

Ill only buy this when i see the specs and see if my laptop can handle it, otherwise ill go to currys on release day and buy a new laptop in time for buying this on the 3rd :D

Yeah if you pre-order you get a beta of the game 2 weeks in advance, great bonus, buy the game early so you get the privillage to beta test it for 2 weeks and let them fix any last minute problems..........

Ill only buy this when i see the specs and see if my laptop can handle it, otherwise ill go to currys on release day and buy a new laptop in time for buying this on the 3rd :D

This is my problem, I got my laptop in 2007 and it's fucked, it grinds to a halt playing FM2010. I doubt it'll be able to handle 2013 and I can't afford a new laptop :(

Surely the only thing it won't be able to handle is the 3d match engine though, right? The rest is just databases. I don't even use the 3D match view.

It would probably work, it would just be slow as hell, unless I only had like one playable league and a small database. I like to have a few countries running so I can jump between them when I get bored, and there's more players to choose from.

This is my problem, I got my laptop in 2007 and it's fucked, it grinds to a halt playing FM2010. I doubt it'll be able to handle 2013 and I can't afford a new laptop :(

Mines is at the stage where i could loose a ball through being burnt by the heat it gives off, it is not liking my 48 year save!!! Might invest in one of those cooling pads before FM13 if it can handle the specs.

• Upvote 1

Mines is at the stage where i could loose a ball through being burnt by the heat it gives off, it is not liking my 48 year save!!! Might invest in one of those cooling pads before FM13 if it can handle the specs.

Ha, mine does that too. And if I don't have it on a flat surface it overheats and shuts itself down. That's annoying. Also the hinge on the left hand side that holds the screen on laptop is completely shattered, so the screen just sort of hangs there lopsided. It can't last much longer...