aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

a rather successful first season in Spain, won everything I entered even sweeter beat Barca in both Spanish Cup and Champions League finals, AVB is not so lippy now!  I was gonna quit and try my luck in South America or Mexico but then realised I have the prestigious Club World Championship to compete in next season so will stay for next season plus its a challenge to try and emulate the success of my first season in Spain!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My FM adventure is continuing in Brazil with Athletico Minero, three seasons finished 3rd, 3rd and 2nd, won the Brazilian Cup and the state championship all three seasons (which is a piece of piss admittedly), almost impossible to dislodge Corinthians who have won the league by 20 odd points every season I been there but I like a challenge.  Got an exciting young team and brilliant youth system but the season length is absolutely nuts, everything is two leagues and some seasons have played in both Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamerica!  Usually have a decent run in both, made the final of Libertadores one season but usually fall short at quarters or semi.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up my game again the other day.  At Blackburn Rovers in the 2021/2022 season.  Jacob Butterfield and David Wheater are my captain and vice captain respectively, so that's the sort of standard we're talking.  I also have Micah Richards, Javi Garcia and Dejan Lovren; the rest are regens (some of which have massive potential).  Anyway, I'm sitting 18th after 8 games, decide to change my tactics a bit to play less "lump it to the big man up front" tactics.  i play a narrow 4-2-3-1 with short passing and an attacking mentality.  The key is also man marking, which I've never used before.  I beat Arsenal 1-5, beat a rich West Brom 3-0 and a rich Newcastle 4-0.  NEVER, has a tactic worked so well for me.  I basically have a midfield of defensive midfielders, which seems to work a charm with man marking.  If I keep going like this I'll win the fucking league.  1-5 at the Emirates?  Mental. 

My FM adventure is continuing in Brazil with Athletico Minero, three seasons finished 3rd, 3rd and 2nd, won the Brazilian Cup and the state championship all three seasons (which is a piece of piss admittedly), almost impossible to dislodge Corinthians who have won the league by 20 odd points every season I been there but I like a challenge.  Got an exciting young team and brilliant youth system but the season length is absolutely nuts, everything is two leagues and some seasons have played in both Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamerica!  Usually have a decent run in both, made the final of Libertadores one season but usually fall short at quarters or semi.

The Brazilian league is possibly the most mental thing out there. The season is soooooo long. Between Brazil and USA for the most messed up leagues to play. I've tried 3 MLS games now and just cannot understand it properly. 

Mexico is always a good laugh if your going for a south america adventure. 

Shola Ameobi dicks the Championship. Uselessly shit in the top flight, but he dicks the Champo.

2013-06-27_00002_zpsc66558c8.jpg

I was a one man team, and luckily, that one man didn't get injured or even tired. Machine! I had one tactic, and it worked. Clear ball to flanks, then always pass to Shola. I don't know what Shola did after that, as I just have text commentary on, but I assume he did a rainbow flick over the head of the centre back then diving headed it in through the legs of the goalkeeper, every time. Disappointed I didn't get many penalties this season, as Shola is the penalty king. Better than Le Tissier.

Voted player of the year, fans player of the year, won the golden boot etc etc. Superstar. But now I've been promoted to the Premier League, so I'll probably have to flog the useless carthorse.

• Upvote 2

I find certain players to be incredibly effective at all levels, even when your staff are telling you that they basically can't play football any more.  I had a 37 year old Chris Iwelumo at Aberdeen, my coaches told me for two seasons that he wasn't cut out for the level any more and to get rid, he only had half a gold star for current ability too; but I kept playing him up top and he kept scoring fucking heaps of goals and getting ratings of ~8.  His strength, heading and finishing were all around 15 and I don't think any of his other physical or technical numbers were above 10. Got the job done.  Became a club legend.  I wanted to take him to Everton at 38, but he retired. 

My game keeps crashing on June 18 2018. Ridiculously frustrating since I've been building up the youth system, have tonnes of great kids in the reserves. Tried heaps of solutions but no dice. Ach.

Tempted to start as a low-league club and take them into the top-flight/Europe. Don't have the skill though!

I'm still playing FM11. This just happened:

X0XkqzB.png

It's great that they were able to put the past behind them and learn to work together again.

Meanwhile I'm 3rd in the league, still looking for my first title win after finishing 3rd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th the past 4 seasons but I have got a Champions League trophy to carry around which is some consolation. Chelsea never lose, it's well annoying.

• 1 month later...

Same. My current tactic with Wednesday just isn't working (Standard 4-3-3, 2 wingers, an anchorman, a box to box and a playmaker in the middle). It's not exciting, but it tore the Championship a new arsehole.

I've got some really impressive young players, but I can't find a system where they all work. I think I've got the players who have the traits you specify for those positions, so I'll give it a go.