aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

I installed Steam and I have now purchased and downloaded Football Manager 13 overnight. I was very sad to leave my flat this morning with the new game screen pulling me in with its tractor beam.

My key task today is getting through my working day without thinking relentlessly about FM13 and which team to start with. I suspect it'll be Nottingham Forest, but the day is long, and my mind is changeable.

I'm on holiday all of the next week, though. It's going to be one of the great Football Manager holidays.

• Upvote 2

My favourite thing about FM13 is my ability to beat arch rivals Peterborough United, three victories in three games, just trounced them 4-0 at their place. They don't like that up them! Although ground sharing with them at the moment whilst me own pad is getting redeveloped so technically was a home game!

Turn off 3D match engine?

I considered that, but it defeats the purpose for me, personally. I like to watch it and make the necessary tactical amendments accordingly; it's all part of the experience for me. I like the visual information the match engine provides and find it pretty crucial to the way I play the game and tweak tactics.

I'll stick with my trusty version of FM09 and take the thirty pound hit. I could update my Mac OS for twenty quid, but I suspect I will be unable to transfer my purchase/download from my laptop to my Mac. Something to look in to over the weekend, though.

I considered that, but it defeats the purpose for me, personally. I like to watch it and make the necessary tactical amendments accordingly; it's all part of the experience for me. I like the visual information the match engine provides and find it pretty crucial to the way I play the game and tweak tactics.

I'll stick with my trusty version of FM09 and take the thirty pound hit. I could update my Mac OS for twenty quid, but I suspect I will be unable to transfer my purchase/download from my laptop to my Mac. Something to look in to over the weekend, though.

If you got it through steam (or a steam code) you can play any steam game on any computer so long as you've downloaded steam on it and are logged in (i'm pretty sure at least. Milner?)

If you got it through steam (or a steam code) you can play any steam game on any computer so long as you've downloaded steam on it and are logged in (i'm pretty sure at least. Milner?)

I have initiated the download via Steam on my Mac, so all is well thus far. I just need to fork out twenty-odd quid for the OS update now!

Fifty quid...just for Football Manager 2013. I bet it'll be worth every penny. :up:

• Upvote 1

Great first full season as manager for me. Arsenal did the domestic double.

First job was ending the trophy drought so I played the kids in the COC cup until the Semi then mixed in some senior players and went all the way and won.

Reached the quarters in the Champs League and then went out to Real in to goal fest games.

Terrible exist from the FA Cup in the quarters when Wolves beat us 2-1 at Molineaux.

Won the league with a week to spare after a good final run of games with 3 one nil to the Arsenals in a row to wrap it up from Chelsea.

Basically it was all done by spending my transfer budget on some steel and one creative player. I sold off a lot of the dross and replaced it with some talent.

Sold Chamahk 5 mill, Arshavin 3 mill, Djourou 5 mill, Gervinho 12.5 mill, Santos 4 mill, Fabianski 2 mill, Mannone 1 mill, Squillaci 1.5 mill (Newcastle lol). Close to 30 million right there plus the 34 million transfer kitty after setting my target as qualifying for the Champions league.

Got Fellaini for a bargain 21 million after beating City in the contract offer.

Gotze arrived for 29 million and has been a genius!

Jerome Boateng was added as my defensive multi tool. £11 million bargain.

Butland in as backup keeper/cups keeper. 3 mill

Zaha in to add to the youth talent pool 6 mill.

Once I reached January I was top by 1 point so the board offered me more money to make a title challenge so I got an extra £25 million. Spent it all on Sandro as my midfield was still a little wussy and I was having to play Frimpong DENCH a lot more than I'd have liked to.

Great season got a 5 year extension at the end of it for 90k a week.

Also won the contract race for Llorente in January so he's arriving soon for the title defence season. Which is great as Giroud was my only form striker all season. Theo never got going up front had to move him to the wing and Podolski never really settled. Think I'll sell him this summer.

I have initiated the download via Steam on my Mac, so all is well thus far. I just need to fork out twenty-odd quid for the OS update now!

Fifty quid...just for Football Manager 2013. I bet it'll be worth every penny. :up:

Aye as long as you use the same steam account you can play the game on as many computers as you want, as long as its only one at a time, or make sure one is not connected to the net in anyway .

Its probably worth setting Steam up to work in offline mode unless you will always be connected when you play, nothing worse than losing the net and not being able to run Steam.

£50 is a bargin really, id give my own mother away for a copy of FM.

• Upvote 2

we need some big bastard on fm13! not playing nearly enough, i miss the days of unemployment when I could spend the whole day playing fm without a care in the world! Still got a good footing in the championship now with Cambridge, confident I can escape the drop though a long way to go. Tempted to load it up now but work beckons in the morning!

• 1 month later...

In my fourth season in the Premier League with Cambridge after scooting through the leagues in six seasons. First two seasons did really well finished 9th and 8th just missing out on europa league qualification. 3rd season not so good finished 15th but made FA Cup semi final. Current season half way through and nestling around 15th position, league cup semi final but lost the first leg at home to Liverbloodypool 3-2 so not confident of getting through, also got the scouse bastards away in the FA Cup 3rd round and they dicked me 2-0 and to add insult to injury they also beat me in the league a few games before. Board have lowered their expectations mind and expected to battle against relegation, should have enough to keep my head above water as doing well against the shit teams and losing to the good teams.

Currently ground sharing with Spurs as my ground is getting redeveloped to 30,ooo.

Going through a transitional period, got a lot of youngsters in the squad and if they come good and i can stay up reckon I can at least be challenging for a Europa League spot.