aberdeen-music

Football Manager 13

Adam Easy Wishes

Dead excited for this, but I'd buy the bloody thing even if it was just a yearly stats update. Wouldn't mind a rebuild, sharper GUI: the current design is getting a bit long in the tooth, and they've barely changed it over the past few years.

Already trying to decide who to manage for my first game...

Dead excited for this, but I'd buy the bloody thing even if it was just a yearly stats update. Wouldn't mind a rebuild, sharper GUI: the current design is getting a bit long in the tooth, and they've barely changed it over the past few years.

Already trying to decide who to manage for my first game...

Same. I spent my lunchtime at work today looking on Wikipedia at eastern European minnows with unpronounceable names trying to find a team with an interesting back story, a reasonably balanced looking squad and a set of ridiculously violent fans to Big Bastardize. FM12 was good, but after Wehen, I couldn't quite get sunk into anything with longevity. The mission will be to take over Europe. Punch Fergie in the face, kick Barca in the bollocks and bomb the Etihad. I just need a team.

I haven't played any version of Football manager since the 2009 version, largely due to a low-spec laptop. However, I invested in a second hand Mac last year and I think it could handle FM13.

Will I suffer from not having played any of its immediate predeccessors? I mastered FM09 and love the match engine in it - is FM13 likely to blow my mind based on your experiences with FM11 and 12?

Yes, I use the 3D cameras all the time. My computer can get a bit laggy if I'm doing that and watching a high-res video at the same time but it's largely okay. Will have a new computer by release time anyway, I think. :)

EDIT= And yes, you're right - he's a very difficult man to look at. Makes me feel uncomfortable. That shirt is not flattering, either.

FM13 has a brand spanking new ME for us to master!

Im going to be torn between carrying on my game or getting the new one at this rate, now 42 seasons into a journey man game and its now my mission to get the achievment of wining the champs league in every continent, but not with any of the major teams. So far South America and Europe are out the way! Its taken me this long to do 2 and im now trying to get a Oceanic club that interests me.

I cant see the vid above is it the "press conference" they held to announce the release? The guy Miles who runs SI is a scruffy looking millionaire, never clean shaven or anything.

Phil, my lap top is pretty basic like, although Mr Kight did add 2 GB of ram into it, i think its the cheaper I5 processor and now 6BG or RAM and built in graphics and sound, runs it like an absolute dream! Only thing is Steam and Mac's dont mix that well.

Fucking right. I screencapped my start to the 2022-23 season with Juventus this morning with the express purpose of showing it off. 10 games in, 9 wins, 1 draw, 20 goals scored, 0 conceded. I'm about 15 games in now, still undefeated, fucking walking away with Serie A. Got out of my Champions League group without conceding a goal as well.

I would much prefer individual threads for each career if the mods wouldn't get too antsy about it. Makes it easier to read through and recall previous updates. It's hardly going to clutter the board if a two or three people have FM career stories.

Maybe an FM part of the forum like we used to have the band ones that nobody ever used?

• Upvote 1