aberdeen-music

Welcome to a mercenary time

Ronz

Stroop, it works both ways - how would you have felt if Ronz matched the higher offer only to pull out last minute, and you'd lost the other interested party?

It'd be an inconvenience, but I wouldn't call it dishonourable. Many major retailers allow customers to return bought and paid-for goods when you can find a better deal. Or those "We'll refund the difference" etc.

I've gotta say that Ronz has been given a fair bit of unnecessary stick in here. I'm with the 'a deal's a deal' crowd, mostly. What Chris said is pretty bang on, although in principle I also have no issue with Ronz holding onto the dude's deposit either - all these people saying 'business is business' and 'money is money' and then giving him stick for holding onto a DEPOSIT someone had put down so he would hold on to the guitar while he paid it up?

I pretty much agree with this now that I know the whole story tbh.

xx

We're missing important detail in that we don't know if the guy has a problem with Ronz keeping the money or not. If he said keep the deposit and I'll see if I can scrape the money together or he agreed to the deal with Ronz that he can put it in Imported Instruments in the meantime then there shouldn't be a problem really.

If he asked for the money back and Ronz kept it then that's pretty dirty, but I don't imagine that's what happened.

• Upvote 2