aberdeen-music

Welcome to a mercenary time

Ronz

Just thought I'd post this to show what buyers may be up against.

Had agreed a price with Stroopy121 for the Gibson bass. Exchanged emails,spoken on the phone and agreed a collection point and time.

Then gets a text saying that been offered more money so won't now be selling it to me.

Now,as they know I was looking at an Ampeg online(finished Wednesday) and could only buy one. They were well aware of this and agreed to sell the bass.

So now because of greed I am left with neither a bass or the Ampeg I wanted.

I got the standard ," I'm sorry man" email but it still pisses me right off that people can still behave like that.

If you didn't want to sell it at that price then you shouldn't have agreed,you knew I was looking at the Ampeg.

In my book a deal is a deal.:(

Guess money means more to some people than honouring a deal.

Rant over.

Ronz.

P.s..anybody got an Ampeg?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I concede that it's a shitty thing to do, but given that I'm selling this thing reluctantly to cover a mammoth credit card bill, I'd have been an idiot to turn down an offer £100 higher than yours. It's not a simple matter me throwing you under a bus for £5. If I could afford to let the thing go at the loss I offered it to you for, I would have. But then again if I could afford to make a loss selling this thing on then I wouldn't be bothering to sell it.

You were robbing me fucking blind at the price you offered and I accepted it out of pure desperation.

And yes, when I'm selling a prized possesion to try to get out of a financial crisis, then money definitely means more than honour.

xx

Lol,robbing you blind? You ever heard of the "NO" word.

You chose to accept the offer,it's all I had or I was buying an amp.

You said money means more than honour to you?

Good luck in life,lol.

Ronz

I don't see why you bothered posting this tbh. Regardless of the money you offered, I can see why you feel aggrieved, however the way to respond to that is not by being a dick and trying to shame someone publicly. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If anything it just makes me think even lower of you for doing so. You already have a less than favourable reputation on here due to your constant barrage of insultingly low offers on other peoples gear. All this talk of honour and money calls into mind a little statement about people in glass houses. While you may not go back on your word it is not 'honourable' to go low balling everyone trying to sell gear; nor do you seem like you don't care about money as you ask what I consider to be fair-high prices for your gear yet seem unwilling to pay fair prices when anyone else is selling something. It all smells of hypocrisy.

So yeah Stroopy was definitely wrong to back out of the deal, but you are hardly the epitome of good etiquette when it comes to selling things.

• Upvote 1

I was going to just close this with the standard "Settle your personal issues in PMs please guys." line, but while I do encourage you to do that I think this thread has potential. When is a deal a deal, and what is considered bad etiquette when selling or buying equipment? I can see both sides, Ronz has a point thinking he was getting it at that price, but as Stroopy says when you're desperate for £££ the rules change.

Nothing hypocritical about it, if I make an offer the seller can say yes or no, very very simple .

As for thinking less of me, you don't know me so that's fine.

Lol

Ronz

I don't see why you bothered posting this tbh. Regardless of the money you offered, I can see why you feel aggrieved, however the way to respond to that is not by being a dick and trying to shame someone publicly. Two wrongs don't make a right.

If anything it just makes me think even lower of you for doing so. You already have a less than favourable reputation on here due to your constant barrage of insultingly low offers on other peoples gear. All this talk of honour and money calls into mind a little statement about people in glass houses. While you may not go back on your word it is not 'honourable' to go low balling everyone trying to sell gear; nor do you seem like you don't care about money as you ask what I consider to be fair-high prices for your gear yet seem unwilling to pay fair prices when anyone else is selling something. It all smells of hypocrisy.

I was going to just close this with the standard "Settle your personal issues in PMs please guys." line, but while I do encourage you to do that I think this thread has potential. When is a deal a deal, and what is considered bad etiquette when selling or buying equipment? I can see both sides, Ronz has a point thinking he was getting it at that price, but as Stroopy says when you're desperate for £££ the rules change.

I even said to Ron in my reply that if I was selling this bass to fund another toy, I'd have taken the hit and honoured it. But, if that were the case I wouldn't have been so fast to jump at his offer.

Plus - frankly - the lowball reputation that Keeno mentioned made me think that the "I'm looking at buying an Ampeg" was a bluff designed to push me into accepting a lower offer. I'm genuinely sorry if Ron missed buying something because of me but if you take that element out of the equasion, all that's happened is Ron got outbid.

xx

Nothing hypocritical about it, if I make an offer the seller can say yes or no, very very simple .

Ronz

Well if you have a problem with someone, deal with it privately. I thought that was the 'honourable' way to do it since you seem so obsessed with this idea.Unless it genuinely affects everyone here like someone trying to shift broken/fake gear and passing it off as genuine/working and then leaving you high and dry there isn't much problem. You weren't left out of pocket and I doubt missing out on one amp is going to affect you greatly. Sometimes life is a bitch and doesn't go your way and you just have to accept it while forgiving Stroopy for his mistake.

Also - I'd say that generally a deal isn't a deal until someone has handed over money or goods. If you "accept" someone's offer and they get outbid, it's poor form to not offer that person a chance to up their offer, though.

xx

I wouldn't've bothered telling him i was selling it to anyone else. I probably would've just said i'd had a change of heart and then just sold it on the quiet. A sales not final until the money is in my hand as far as i'm concerned. Business is business and i certainly don't think lowballing people and taking advantage of a situation is kosher either but it obviously does happen and folks have just got to get on with it.

Just thought I'd post this to show what buyers may be up against.

Had agreed a price with Stroopy121 for the Gibson bass. Exchanged emails,spoken on the phone and agreed a collection point and time.

Then gets a text saying that been offered more money so won't now be selling it to me.

Now,as they know I was looking at an Ampeg online(finished Wednesday) and could only buy one. They were well aware of this and agreed to sell the bass.

So now because of greed I am left with neither a bass or the Ampeg I wanted.

I got the standard ," I'm sorry man" email but it still pisses me right off that people can still behave like that.

If you didn't want to sell it at that price then you shouldn't have agreed,you knew I was looking at the Ampeg.

In my book a deal is a deal.:(

Guess money means more to some people than honouring a deal.

Rant over.

Ronz.

P.s..anybody got an Ampeg?

I can't even stress how many times I have been in the same situation, the endof the day i just let it go. I don't see the point in making a fuss really, yeah it pisses me off but your never really going to get anywhere with it.

The way I see it is if someone fucks you over he fucks you over for a reason there's always something better waiting out there for you

Sellers choice as far as im concerned. Yes it may be annoying to Ronz, but Stroops is well within his rights, until money has been exchanged he has the right to change his mind. Coming on here to bad mouth a poster most folk like is daft as well.

Yes bob it is. I agreed to sell that guitar for a good price and the buyer agreed to give me £100 a week.

He made 2 deposits then said he had no more money.

He is aware that he can still buy the guitar for agreed price or when it sells his money will be refunded.

Pretty fair of me I'd say :-)

• Upvote 1

Im not bad mouthing him at all, just making potential buyers aware of some pitfalls.

Sellers choice as far as im concerned. Yes it may be annoying to Ronz, but Stroops is well within his rights, until money has been exchanged he has the right to change his mind. Coming on here to bad mouth a poster most folk like is daft as well.