aberdeen-music

fopp sale, part 2 ?

lepeep

The Living End s/t

A Living End album for the sum of three bucks - i fucking hate you man, i was 20 or something in virgin (the only place that stocked it) sor the self titled album.... SHIT SHIT SHIT

On a related note - i picked up

Bouncing Souls (self titled)

Unwritten Law - Elva

and the film 'waking the dead' for 3 each.....

Guest haigyman

i went into virgin today, can't believe how ridiculously overpriced that shop is, on my little wander through i noticed a papa roach album for 19. 19 for a papa roach album!! who would pay that for a papa roach album!?!? i just don't see how that place survives. Mind you, i suppose they only need one idiot to every six clever shoppers to make the same money.

A Living End album for the sum of three bucks - i fucking hate you man' date=' i was 20 or something in virgin (the only place that stocked it) sor the self titled album.... SHIT SHIT SHIT[/quote']

I thought it was rather odd when i found it there as I remember someone telling me that Living End CD's were really expensive.

Im completely obsessed with the s/t at the moment, especially 'West End Riot'

Can you recommend any more of their CD's, which ones are good?

how much are sodom n testament going for?

3, I seen a few Testament ones going around beside the one I found. Haha, you managed to get a Testament one in the Cavern before me Callum! Lucky bastard, which one was it?

Oh, and on the subject of the sale:

Racer X- Getting Heavier

Crucial Slide Guitar Blues comp

Madlion- Predator or Prey (anyone fancy a free rap CD?)

Motograter- self titled

(the last two had cool covers so I just took a gamble- not the best ever I have to say)

I thought it was rather odd when i found it there as I remember someone telling me that Living End CD's were really expensive.

Im completely obsessed with the s/t at the moment' date=' especially 'West End Riot'

Can you recommend any more of their CD's, which ones are good?[/quote']

Of the three albums they've released i wouldn't dismis any of them as not worthy of buying. The self Titled one is full of the raw tunes with simple hooks and catchy riffs - The second album (Roll On) is even catchier and more technical as far as song structure and riffage goes - and personally my favourite (by a whisker). The third and most recent album (Modern ARTillery) is just token living end but stripped down and bare. The catchiest and most sing-a-long-able songs to date, but more popy.

Each album is a classic in it's own rights - well worth paying full-price for.

Wowzers, I never knew raking in the sales could be so much fun! I finally got there yesterday and today, and got myself:

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - A Jacknife to a Swan

H2O- Thicker Than Water

Dropkick Murphys vs. Face to Face

King Prawn - Fried in London

20 Deck Records compilation (w/ a Lightyear song I lost on the PC.. yus!)

Golf Records compilation

The Starting Line - The Make Yourself at Home EP

LFO - Life is Good

Ricky Martin - Sound Loaded

Playing 4 Square 2 (independent record label compilation)

... and now I'm skint!!!

And for my dear friend Suzy, we got:

The Early November - nae sure what CD... a creamy colour... I don't have a clue

Good Charlotte - The Young and the Hopeless

Fenix TX - Lechuza

All- American Rejects - s/t

American Hi-fi - s/t (I think)

There were 2 German guys filling boxes next to me today, rock on!

sheeit, I went in on saturday morning (thinking it's be quiet at 10 am!)

anyway here's this weeks haul (sheeit, my wallet is sore)

Painkiller : talisman (live in Osaka)

Ex-Models - Zoo Psychology

AFX - smodgeface ep (bug remix)

Buena vista social club

Nick cave & the bad seeds (live + best of)

Supper furry animals - rings around the world

Supper furry animals - SFX

Lou barlow - and his sentridoh

Tech itch - diagnostics

Miztura - epy

Fila brazilla - B2

Pavement - brighten the corners

Lars hornveth - joker remixes (four tet mixes)

supercollider - raw digits

I can't believe some of the stuff in there, fucking ace little jems that no one else nabbed...nice !

(the painkiller CD especially, so hard to get hold of ... and only for 3 quid !)

Guest lime ruined my life

i cant beleive you managed to get that bob tilton record.

i downloaded it and burned it about 5 years ago, as a result of never finding it in any record stores, and them being split up for about 5 years before that, and never being very big.

that records amazing though, the title tracks got this amazing trumpet and fast drums.

i cant beleive you managed to get that bob tilton record.

i downloaded it and burned it about 5 years ago' date=' as a result of never finding it in any record stores, and them being split up for about 5 years before that, and never being very big.

that records amazing though, the title tracks got this amazing trumpet and fast drums.[/quote']

yeah, it's ace, we (maple) heard them years ago (7 ?) down in dundee, when we were recording the first 7" (that never saw the light of day), with "scott from Apple Orchard" (he then played bass in Brocoli after that)

It wasn't my cup of tea back then, but I thought "I'll buy that to remind me of the good old days", and it supprised me how fresh it sounds, like Mogwai meets Fugazi, but, "before their time".

a real shame, imagine how big they might be now...