aberdeen-music

fopp sale, part 2 ?

lepeep

I managed to squeeze in there over the last two days, I'm well happy :

lard : 70's rock music must die

radian : rec extern (recorded by john Mckintire (tortoise))

panacea : underground superstar

bob tilton : leading hotels of the world

tram : a kind of closure

animal house OST

scratch Vol 1 (ace hip hop from Rawkus Records)

all for a piffling 21 quid.

and it gets "refilled" every day...noooooooooooooooo !

Guest highroller

i know man...you cant stop...you can see those new to the game are the ones that are slow at flipping...id imagine the likes of yourself and me are experts at that flipping through cd's game.

its an artform...an artform i tell you.

I imagine they are all the CD's that the covers have been knicked by twats all around the country (the guys in fopp said that Aberdeen was being sent all the stuff from all the other fopps (thanks !)...

Highroller, you're right about the flipping, I think it's funny, there is a sort of "ethos" / "unwritten understanding" when real "browsers" get together, you can tell who knows the "manners" of looking at CDs in a rack...

I tell you, too many rude cunts reach in and disturb the flipping process today...

bastards !

I put two things back... and walked out with 3... its a true test in that place.

I walked out with....

Rocket from the crypt: Live from camp X-ray (I got this for my bf... not really my cup of tea)

Trademark: Want more

The Gasman: Remedial

The Gasman was my impulse buy... the cover looks like Nick's (hookers green) face... and is suitably titled... it had to be done and is suprisingly good.

I put back "Robopop music" which simply looked amazing... and a weird french soundtrack that I cant remember the name of with aliens on the cover.

I didn't have much restraint today, so along with 2 friends I spent an hour or more in there.

I ended up with:

The Rolling Stones-Forty Licks (3 for the double disc set)

The Living End s/t

Andrew Wk-The Wolf

Dinosaur Jr-Green Mind

The Bellrays-Grand Fury (bloody amazing, like punk with a female soul singer)

Michael Jackson-Number Ones

Acid Jazz-Original Flava (compilation of random Acid Jazz, it's rather good)

All in all i'd say I did well, all that cost me just 21

BARGAIN!

arghh..I can easily see myself getting addicted to this sale. Yesterday before leaving for Glasgow I bought:

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol.1

King Crimson - Red

Primal Scream - Echo Dek

...but there was still heaps of good stuff..! I'm so gonna end up spending all my money there (literally, I'm not exactly rich).

Woo' date=' had a look in tonight and found another Sodom one and a Testament one, with the cases. Fopp rules![/quote']

the agent orange LP was there (with a case) too...

the cover is a big C-130 with "army dudes" hanging out the side with machine guns, if you like yer 80's metal, agent orange would be up your street too...