aberdeen-music

The Skateboarding Thread

Flights

I was on holiday recently and I found myself admiring the Spanish architecture and wishing I still went skateboarding.

So I've dug out my board and went for a cruise yesterday. Awesome fun.

Can't do fuck all anymore but I can still ollie and roll about fairly confidently.

Noticed there wasn't a thread here to discuss the fine sport so I decided to start one.

Here's my favorite video. Reminds me of the glory days.

Is that Jim Morrison on that dude's board at the start? I've never thought of spray painting the grip tape on mine.

Anyway, no idea why this thread hasn't been started before. For some odd reason I could never ollie high enough, but was able to boneless 180 so would use that to jump over stuff at times. Kind of a faff... I should just learn to ollie.

Haven't had a decent skate in a very long time - bit rusty, but would love to soon. A lot of people I used to skate with fucked off to uni and whatnot a while ago and I never bothered going back to Transition since, though have been to Westburn Park and a couple of other shitty ones and bumpy concrete isn't as fun. I'll gladly go with anyone who's up for it.

there seems to be a lack of kids flying about on skateboards these days. a lot of the kids in stoney are running about on fucking micro scooters. i hope their parents are ashamed of them.

It's cyclical. There was a skateboarding craze in the 80s, and in the 90s, and in the 00s. It'll come back. I tried during all three of them but a total lack of natural balance and being a total pussy who's scared of hurting himself meant I could never really do much except trundle around looking wobbly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob Knob
there seems to be a lack of kids flying about on skateboards these days. a lot of the kids in stoney are running about on fucking micro scooters. i hope their parents are ashamed of them.

Gone are the days of Broad Street. They all now seem to wear stupid looking hats and eat in E.A.R.L

• Upvote 1