aberdeen-music

reading/leeds review

Untitled

right ill do it like Paul then:

Mr Mojo: 6 (supporting the Hull boys)

Thrice: 6 (i was too busy doin the handjive and the okey kokey to them)

Rasmus: 5

Dropkick Murphys: 7

Green Day: 8 (so i didnt get my moneys worth out of watching bands this day)

Taking Back Sunday: 4

ReelBigFish: 8

Hundred Reasons: 7 (only for the Public Enemy "bass how low can you go"? rap)

Jurassic 5: 10

The Distillers: 6 (what a disappointment)

The Hives: 9

Ash: 7

The Offspring: 8

Fireapple Red: 8

Thursday: 7

Flogging Molly: 9

Avenged Sevenfold: 7

Bouncing Souls: 8

Dillinger Escape Plan: 7

Morrissey: 9

Sick of it All: 9 (surely thats what Paul meant and not 3!)

Funeral for a Friend: 5 (i only went cos my mate was wandering by herself)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Highlights of my weekend:

-seeing Green Day, Lostprophets, The Hives, Taking Back Sunday, Goldie Lookin Chain, Razorlight and Funeral For A Friend

-getting shivers down my back when FFAF sang "Your Revolution Is A Joke"

-singing the Rasmus....ALL WEEKEND!!

-dancing to Goldfinger

-the "who the fuck is 50 cent?!" chant!! hehe

-the charity conga line

-Crocker lobbing the bottle off that random guys back just before Coheed and Cambria, dont think Ive ever laughed so hard!

-Crocker drinking his own piss.....yeah thats right.....so just think about whats been in that mouth next time you think about kissing it! hehe, we still loves you Sludge

-constructing a fan riser (genius Paul!)

-the fire on sunday night

Things Ive learnt from Leeds:

-if you shout someones name enough times, soon enough 60,000 people will join in

-condoms can blow up really really massive without exploding

-plastic smells really really bad when it burns

-stewards at festivals dont like fires

-smashed up stereos + flames = mini explosions, agh!!

-"several people have been serously scarred at festivals by stupid fires!!"

-Peeps is a feckin PYROMANIAC!!!

Things I'll remember:

-"Its just what you do innit!"

-"Tom!!!!!!!!!!"

-"BOLLOCKS"

-"You knows it, clart!"

-"G-G-G-G-G Unit!"

-"Guilty! Wooooaaaahhhh!"

The weekend was ace, the bands were ace, the people were ace, cant wait for next year!

was i the only person then that thought lostprophets ere absolutely terrible. shit songs and shit live. and the singer's accent - between songs welsh then between the next set american and so forth. arse

agree with ya to some extent, im guessing all the time theyve spent in the states has something to do with the fuckass weird accent coming outta watkins mouth! and i dunno whether it was where i was standing but the sound was awful, outdoor gigs dont sound amazing unless youre right in the middle, the levels were totally fucked! kinda disappointing as theyre one of my favourite bands! enjoyed it regardless though

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Highlights of my weekend:

-seeing Green Day' date=' Lostprophets, The Hives, Taking Back Sunday, Goldie Lookin Chain, Razorlight and Funeral For A Friend

-getting shivers down my back when FFAF sang "Your Revolution Is A Joke"

-singing the Rasmus....ALL WEEKEND!!

-dancing to Goldfinger

-the "who the fuck is 50 cent?!" chant!! hehe

-the charity conga line

-Crocker lobbing the bottle off that random guys back just before Coheed and Cambria, dont think Ive ever laughed so hard!

-Crocker drinking his own piss.....yeah thats right.....so just think about whats been in that mouth next time you think about kissing it! hehe, we still loves you Sludge

-constructing a fan riser (genius Paul!)

-the fire on sunday night

Things Ive learnt from Leeds:

-if you shout someones name enough times, soon enough 60,000 people will join in

-condoms can blow up really really massive without exploding

-plastic smells really really bad when it burns

-stewards at festivals dont like fires

-smashed up stereos + flames = mini explosions, agh!!

-"several people have been serously scarred at festivals by stupid fires!!"

-Peeps is a feckin PYROMANIAC!!!

Things I'll remember:

-"Its just what you do innit!"

-"Tom!!!!!!!!!!"

-"BOLLOCKS"

-"You knows it, clart!"

-"G-G-G-G-G Unit!"

-"Guilty! Wooooaaaahhhh!"

The weekend was ace, the bands were ace, the people were ace, cant wait for next year![/quote']

i learnt that people can be scarred by stupid fires the hard way. but it was sooo cold when morrissey was on, what else could i do?

i was literally so scared that my tent was gonna catch fire' date=' while lyndsey and sigi were sleeping! peeps is just insane, we had a nice little campfire going, me and paul, till peeps shows up with my battery acid and circuit boards!![/quote']

I'm starting a petition so that Battery Acid from Neighbours play Leeds next year :)

ok lets do my longggggggggg............. shitty review then.

firstly i shall start with bands. i mean why the hell not....

Avenged sevenfold:7fold...... they were ok but nothing rocked the boat downstairs. their video shows all their angry fans jakking off to posters and fecking fridge magents so i was expecting just a wee twinge.but nae

hundred reasons:7.... as paul said their set became a bit boring during the middle but still glad to hear the catchy tunes. bring it.

Dillenger escape plan: amazing. never seen so much energy in a band. not something id usually listen to but thats the best live show ive seen.

Coheed and cambria:The one band i was jizzing over seing the whole weekend. they were nothing special. they didnt really look in the mood to play or something.

green day: found it hard to get into them as i was struggling to stay alert as my mind was in cukoo land. but still good. especcially when the guy from the crowd tore up the stage.

goldfinger: enjoyed them alot. one of the few bands i got sweaty for.

placebo: second best band of the weekend. i loved their set. english summer rain a particular favourite.

the holiday plan: only stayed for the first couple of songs but what i heard i liked.

the rasmus: i just loved watching the drummer because he looks so much like dave i just had to vomit.

50 cent: g unit!!!!!! the only good thing that came from that hour. one shit hour - one good weekend shouting that annoying fecking chant.

thrice: enjoyed them alot. shall have to purchase an album.

taking back sunday: also liked their set but not really my tastes at the moment. met one fo the guitarists outside the comedy tent late night. he signed my packet of king size rizzas. bless.

thursday: they were ok. i like the singers energy and the catchy riffs were heard which was few and far between on the main stage with bad sound. fortunatley i was in the middle for them.

streets - please fuck off

goldie lookin chain - quite amusing and dirty sanchez on stage made me enjoy them a whole lot more.

funeral for a friend: they put on an amzing set. the sound quality in the radio 1 tent was spot on.

minus: i enjoyed them because it was a metal band opening the festival.

pink grease: didnt really get a good view. i felt i would of enjoyed them more if i did.

modest mouse: only seen a couple of songs. got bored,stoned and just sorta wondered off.

5,6,7,8s - they were gash.

the hives - "all you people over there by the vans - put your noodles in your pocket,turn round,shut up and listen to the hives and give us the respect we deserve" classic.

ash - quality. really bouncy set. enjoyed them alot.

dirty sanchez - the tent was packed and you could move. the minute they came on everyone piled forward. eventully got glimpses of the stage and a big screen. sick as hell. was most amusing.

some hypnotist dude - shit. hug the person to your left. fuck off. get your breasts out.

im sure ive forgotten a few.....ill get back later.

funny words of the weekend....

"its what we do innit?"

"g unit!!!!!!"

"5:03 - got home - sat down - awesome - totally stoked......."

"go for it. why the hell not"

"whhaaaaahhh ohhhhh whahhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh"

"got any crisps"

tommmmmm!!!!!"

ace weekend.

Sounds pretty good. Takes me back to a few good Reading memories - my favourite of which is thus: I was down to Reading in 2001 with my then flatmate, who posts here as medichi and is now a respected member of the comunity with a proper job and everything. We were making our way back to our (or looking for the Fudge tent most likley) tent when we "happened upon Two Other People" setting fire to a toilet block, so we stopped to watch it go up. It sizzled plastic unimpressively for a while then KA-fucking-BOOM! Raging chemical-plastic-faeces fire. The fire folk soon arrive to deal with it, one of them asked us why we didn't try and put it out (despite the fact that when they arrived the flames were 15ft in the air), and without missing a beat medichi pipes up: "We would've mate, but bottles of water cost 2.50."

Guest highroller
i went to see thrice cos dallas told me i had to!! heehee' date=' and i was curious!

they were really good, i enjoyed their set muchly[/quote']

And what about my tip Aileen hmmmmmm????

i went to see thrice cos dallas told me i had to!! heehee' date=' and i was curious!

they were really good, i enjoyed their set muchly[/quote']

It was a good set.

Under A Killing Moon

Silhouette

So Strange I Remember You *new*

The Melting Point Of Wax

Kill Me Quickly

The Artist In The Ambulance

Deadbolt

Stare At The Sun

To Awake And Avenge The Dead

Cold Cash and Colder Hearts

the one in london was a bit diffrent as they had more time to play.

You need to be more forceful lad - you can't have a conversation with Dallas that doesn't involve Thrice in some manner even if it's just that he's wearing one of their shirts :p

I have 7 now so one for every day of the week. :D

But the people I went to the Thrice show in London with are worse than me.