aberdeen-music

reading/leeds review

Untitled

just back home and my god

the only thing i can really think of is how sorry i feel for 50 cent and the rasmus

the never diserved the retaliatioon that they received

granted 50 cent is the wrong kind of artist to be there but he did his best

i was disappointed to see someone had made a sign which said 'your mum cost 50 pence you cunt'

and the same with the rasmus

a sign saying ' burn(t) the rasmus' is really not needed

if u didnt want to see the band you didnt need to hang around

there were 4 other stages to go to

other than that the weekend for me was very good

the highlights for me being jurassic 5, franz ferdinand, morrissey and reel big fish

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twas indeed an amzing weekend. 50 cent got booed at leeds to as did the rasmus but not to the extent ive heard at reading.

my top three bands of the festival......

1.placebo

2.dillinger escape plan

3.funeral( who put on an amzing show)

dirty sanchez was the shit as well.

and i met some dude from taking back sunday and got him to sign my rizzas. one of the guitarists.

they put 50 cent on right before green day though, and people had to be there to get thier spaces, so yeah it was down to bad planning i think, i had to sit though like half an hour of the cent and god it was torture. Worth it though cause green day were awsome.

top three bands are

1:green day

2:placebo

3:would be goldfinger cept it was cut short and i got crushed, so i would say lost prophets

i agree it was silly people bottling rasmus and 50 cent. walking around leeds for the next 3 days hearing people shout "G Unit" was amusing though. my top 5 bands were:

1. jurassic 5

2.sick of it all

3.morrissey

4. flogging molly

5. reelbigfish

the hives and bouncing souls were also ace. as were green day but i wanted to hear more new stuff and they was a bit predictable i thought. dillinger escape plan were great just for the fact they got people to climb up the middle of the concrete jungle tent! so, looks like untitled enjoyed a few of the same bands as me...i heard 50 cent won some people over at leeds...i never watched him though

I was at Leeds and the bands of the weekend for me were:

1. Goldfinger, even though they got cut short they were amazing.

2. Flogging Molly, skank/jigging to them was pretty cool until my mate banged head with some guy and i had to take him out the tent.

3. Dropkick Murphys, the pit of them that i was in kinda felt like a family by the end of the set. With everyone linking arms for the cover of the pogues 'fairy tale in new york' a particular highlight for me.

4. Offspring were damn good until i got kicked in the face and my nose busted open.

5. Green day, as kirkt said it would have been good to hear more new stuff. place went crazy for 'american idiot'. stilll loved their set, although i he went a bit far with all his ohhhhhhhh's. you'll know what i mean.

Other bands that i enjoyed being jurassic5, reel big fish, sick of it all and the hives.

I watched the 50 cent set simply because i wanted a good place for green day. Gotta say he wasn't as bad as i expected. Maybe it was because my friends are 50 cent fans and were really getting in to it. i jsut like the whol G unit thing. The whole weekend, wherever you went you'd here random shouts of g unit.

All in all a good weekend.

Guest highroller
Fair enough im just going by what ive been told by countless HUGE TBS fans. It was the same with Brand New they were really poor live as far as im concerned.

I think brand new arent that great live...im with you there man. Im not really fond of them full stop anyway but...hey.

At least it's only two for me I guess :(

Didn't anyone go see The Bronx' date=' Mike Patton & Rahzel, Dizzee Rascal, The Icarus Line or Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster??[/quote']

nope, nope, nope and nope...i did want to see mike patton and rahzel but twas on same time as green day.

dillinger were pretty crazy...cant belive they got the power cut till them guys got down pole.

Minus: 3 - Clichd icelandic rock i believe, could have found a better opening act

Thrice: 7 - These guys rocked the boat, will purchase a CD

The Rasmus: 9 - Comedy value; watching the guitarist mime the whole set and bottles fill the sky

Dropkick Murphys: 4 - Songs about working in the mills, how relevant....

The Streets: 8 - Good job of working the crowd, less irritating live

Lostprophets: 9 - Amazing set, amazing bouncing, amazing energy

Placebo: 7 - Solid rock set - dipped in the middle

50 Cent: 3 - He tried, but shit songs and lack of sound effects didn't do him any favours

Green Day: 9.5 - Amazing set, what everyone wanted - but no 'Good Riddance'

Goldie Lookin Chain: 7 - Funny banter, huge crowd, mum's got a penis

Taking Back Sunday: 6 - Shoot the sound guy, good mic swinging - though he did drop it

Pink Grease: 8 - Disco Rock, ladyboys, afro, Banging Tunes

Reel Big Fish: 7 - Only caught last two songs...

Hundred Reasons: 6 - Started ace, fell on their faces.

Modest Mouse: 3 - zzzzzzzzzzz

The Hives: 8 - Rocked The Boat, brilliant lesson in rock

Ash: 7 - Nae bad, kinda dragged though.

The Offspring: 9 - Amazing set, old and new choons, feeding the crowd also..

5,6,7,8's: 2 - Less novelty than the mighty GLC! whoo-ooot-a-shower-of-shite

The Holiday Plan: 1 - Can't even remember them

Thursday: 8 - Solid Set, but would sound better on CD

Avenge Sevenfold: 6 - Cheese-mo riffs, nice solos

Coheed & Cambria: 6 - Expected a bit more..

Bouncing souls: 9 - Couldn't help but sing along to the catchy anthem-like songs

Dillinger Escape Plan*: 10 - Band of the weekend, so much extreme banter/technical fingerwork/pits... Awesome show...

Goldfinger: 10 - Far too short, soundcheck was stupidly long, classic bouncy goldfinger

Sick Of It All: 3 - Was that one big song???

Funeral: 8 - Changed soo much since last year, still playing the oldies from the 2 first E.P's

"G-Unit" was the best chant of the weekend, found the best way of skipping through que's... CONGA, so much good banter and lively people at leeds - definately be heading back next year - and as for the money - seeing all those bands is well worth the 170 bucks to get down..

* Self proclaimed 'Most Dangerous Band On The Planet', and they deserve that title. Dared fans to climb the structure and slide off the outside of the concrete jungle tent, then got the power cut when 3 people actually tried it. Singer didn't care about singing an entire song and just went crazy in the crowd. The two guitarists were both amazingly technical and polished. I want to know what they did in Reading that made meanfiddler consider not letting them play at Leeds the day after. When their set finished i was just left thinking 'what the fuck did i just see?' - BEAUTIFUL

"G-G-G Unit"

one of the best parts of the weekend was camp aberdonia, just the 9 of us being arses

sludges drinking habbits became worrying towards the end though

1. Green day

2. Goldfinger

3.reel big fish

4. Placebo

5. Dropkick Murphys

6. 'Chain

7. Lost prophets

8. Flogging Molly

yes i shall only do a top 8 as im being crazy like fiddy cent was throwing away his shoes!