aberdeen-music

Do you remember your memories?

Lemonade

Yeah yeah, nostalgia was so 5 years ago, but what stuff from your childhood do you wish they still made?

I'd love to get my paws on some of these beauties:

Pzazz ice lollies (I think they were called that. They were multi-coloured and looked like frozen vomit and were toffee flavoured)

Batman Bars

Hubba Bubba juice

Incredible Hulk ice lollies

Cadbury's Fuse Bars

Wotsits Mealtime Potato Shapes (OK technically I was in my 20s but they were awesome)

5350019815_5cdd2d6786_z.jpg

What a dumb-ass question.

If you remember something, it is committed to memory and therefore it becomes one of your memories.

If you don't remember something then it is not committed to memory therefore it does not become one of your memories.

What's your next question going to be? Can you taste tastes?

• Upvote 2

What a dumb-ass question.

If you remember something, it is committed to memory and there for it becomes one of your memories.

If you don't remember something then it is not committed to memory therefore it does not become one of your memories.

What's your next question going to be? Can you taste tastes?

You sir don't know your Aberdeen Music memes.

I miss nothing from my childhood.

Everything is better now.

They didn't have Mango Rubicon back then, or white chocolate Malteasers.

Not just food though. Everything. Everything is better.

If I played a football video game, the players woule be called Sheerer, Inse, Geggs and McMunaman, and the computer would score free kicks by bending the ball around my wall at a 90 degree angle. Fuck you.

Gameboys? They were shite. Two colours. A bunch of black pixels on a green background. I've got better games on my phone. I had better games on my phone 12 years ago.

Could you buy DVDs from amazon for 0.01p when you were a kid? Could you fuck. DVD's weren't even invented yet. Nor was Amazon.

Life now: Good. Life then: Bollocks. Fuck the past.

• Upvote 4

yeah. And fuck old sweeties. You can now have mammoth portions of meat and carbs thanks to man vs food style places.

fuck memories. I don't even know if half my memories are true. Turns out we didnt' have to go on a ski-lift style thing to get to the fun park in scarborough. TURNS OUT I DREAMT THAT.

I miss nothing from my childhood.

Everything is better now.

They didn't have Mango Rubicon back then, or white chocolate Malteasers.

Not just food though. Everything. Everything is better.

If I played a football video game, the players woule be called Sheerer, Inse, Geggs and McMunaman, and the computer would score free kicks by bending the ball around my wall at a 90 degree angle. Fuck you.

Gameboys? They were shite. Two colours. A bunch of black pixels on a green background. I've got better games on my phone. I had better games on my phone 12 years ago.

Could you buy DVDs from amazon for 0.01p when you were a kid? Could you fuck. DVD's weren't even invented yet. Nor was Amazon.

Life now: Good. Life then: Bollocks. Fuck the past.

Fruit Pastilles were better though. And Smarties. And Fruit Gums. Fucking Rowntrees. Sweeties without E numbers? Not in my name.

Get down to one of these hipster sweet shops that sell all the American stuff. No holds barred sweets. All kinds of mind altering chemicals and unthinkable amounts of sugar and colours. Jolly Ranchers will have you trippin' balls. Serious.

Are those shops considered hipster? I thought hipsters were too cool for sweets. There's a couple here but they're super expensive, like, £6 for a box of Lucky Charms, £2 for a chocolate bar etc. Madness. Though I did find Cherry Pepsi a couple of weeks ago, which initially filled me with excitement, but it actually wasn't that good.

Simple solution. Stop eating sweeties. You're a fucking grown man (though I use grown lightly). Problem solved.

Grown-ups can't eat sweeties? This sounds like the premise of a Disney film. You're going to end up going on adventures with a bunch of kids, which initially you'll hate but eventually they'll wear you down and you'll start to realise that hey, maybe you and them aren't all that different. Then they'll get into a fix, you'll rescue them, and by the end you'll have embraced your inner child and as the credits roll you'll be rolling around laughing and eating popping candy and Froot Loops.

Are those shops considered hipster? I thought hipsters were too cool for sweets. There's a couple here but they're super expensive, like, £6 for a box of Lucky Charms, £2 for a chocolate bar etc. Madness. Though I did find Cherry Pepsi a couple of weeks ago, which initially filled me with excitement, but it actually wasn't that good.

I considered them to be a bit hipster. They are all retro and not readily available in high street shops. Elite sweets for the folk who are too cool for a packet of Wine Gums.

Grown-ups can't eat sweeties? This sounds like the premise of a Disney film. You're going to end up going on adventures with a bunch of kids, which initially you'll hate but eventually they'll wear you down and you'll start to realise that hey, maybe you and them aren't all that different. Then they'll get into a fix, you'll rescue them, and by the end you'll have embraced your inner child and as the credits roll you'll be rolling around laughing and eating popping candy and Froot Loops.
That's a single scene in Hook. No way that would make an entire film.
  • Upvote 1

I liked the ones that were shaped for dipping, even though regular Pringles are very dip-able anyway. They weren't from my childhood though. Pretty sure I was an unemployed school-leaver, buying dips and Pringle dippers from Home Bargains and watching Scrubs all day in my underwear. Best days of my life.

I remember willy wonka bars. But I think you can still get them in "hipster" shops. Remember when a certain ear was the gay ear? You got your right ear pierced? Poof. No two ways about it, gayboy.

They still have those in Australia!