aberdeen-music

Acoustic Emo?

Alkaline

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they are really good. Dare i say it as well the Oasis one was very good!

Nirvana one was my fav tho.

Have to say Dashboard was my fav- i like pretty much all their stuff though.

Not sure about the oasis one, not heard it but unless it's stuff off Definately Maybe or (What's The Story) Morning Glory i probably wouldn't like it.

Guest Cowboy Dan
It wasnt going to take long...........

Don't get me wrong, i'm not some mean metal fan who thinks "emo is pure fockin' shite like yer 'a cry babies haha METAL IS THE BEST" , just most of the bands that have been mentioned here are baws.

Acoustic emo... Pfft, you might want to veer more over the Indie (not the oasis kind, you n00bs) side of things, check out The Shins, obviously a bit of Death Cab for Cutie and I've been listening to Rilo Kiley alot recently... Yeh, all good.

Guest Nikola Tesla
Don't get me wrong' date=' i'm not some mean metal fan who thinks "emo is pure fockin' shite like yer 'a cry babies haha METAL IS THE BEST" , just most of the bands that have been mentioned here are baws.

Acoustic emo... Pfft, you might want to veer more over the Indie (not the oasis kind, you n00bs) side of things, check out The Shins, obviously a bit of Death Cab for Cutie and I've been listening to Rilo Kiley alot recently... Yeh, all good.[/quote']

Yea a lot of the bands here dont really have anything to do with emotional hardcore at all. Most of them are inde bands with distorted guitars.

Anyway Death Cab for Cutie are an awsome band, not totaly acoustic but quiet and very emotional.

If looking for acoustic emotional hardcore tracks i would recomend searching out some of the older bands. Also there are some labels for that kinda music ive forgotton at the moment but will post up later.

Yea a lot of the bands here dont really have anything to do with emotional hardcore at all. Most of them are inde bands with distorted guitars.

Anyway Death Cab for Cutie are an awsome band' date=' not totaly acoustic but quiet and very emotional.

If looking for acoustic emotional hardcore tracks i would recomend searching out some of the older bands. Also there are some labels for that kinda music ive forgotton at the moment but will post up later.[/quote']

Bulldust!!!!

Music doesn't have to be delivered by a hardcore band to be considered "emotional". I believe you have missed the point of "emo" young man, go and look up the word emotional in a dictionary?

Don't get me wrong' date=' i'm not some mean metal fan who thinks "emo is pure fockin' shite like yer 'a cry babies haha METAL IS THE BEST" , just most of the bands that have been mentioned here are baws.

Acoustic emo... Pfft, you might want to veer more over the Indie (not the oasis kind, you n00bs) side of things, check out The Shins, obviously a bit of Death Cab for Cutie and I've been listening to Rilo Kiley alot recently... Yeh, all good.[/quote']

Fair enough, each to their own, but what promted u to post on this thread? I asked the question so obviously i knew what i had in mind, clearly there are a few others who were on the same wavelength as me. Don't post sayin the bands we like are "baws", you could have just mentioned the bands you like. That may have been a tad more mature.

Guest Cowboy Dan
Fair enough' date=' each to their own, but what promted u to post on this thread? I asked the question so obviously i knew what i had in mind, clearly there are a few others who were on the same wavelength as me. Don't post sayin the bands we like are "baws", you could have just mentioned the bands you like. That may have been a tad more mature.[/quote']

Dry yer eyes cuntface

Setting yourself up for a big ramshackling anti-emo thread by someone who hasn`t the foggiest what emo is but uses it as a way to dismiss metal' date=' punk and hc bands that have songs in the major key with singing aswell as growling.[/quote']

We have a winner.

One Line Drawing and "On a Wire" era get up kids are worth a look, maybe some Rilo Kiley and Bright Eyes

We have a winner.

One Line Drawing and "On a Wire" era get up kids are worth a look' date=' maybe some Rilo Kiley and Bright Eyes[/quote']

I was counting the minutes til it happened and surprisingly it took a lot longer than i thought it would.

One Line Drawing- awesome

Get Up Kids- Cool

Bright Eyes- yup, heard a few of their songs, all good

Rilo Kiley-? Never heard of him/her at all. Will check out though.

It's definately a shame coz i'm sure people like Cowboy Dan are probably ok' date=' but given anonimity they seem to loose all maturity and intellect.

Very strange.[/quote']

Yeah true people seem to have a lot of courage on here when it comes to slagging people off and shit but meet them in person and they quickly shut up.

But as i say i wouldnt expect much more than that from here. Abdn-Music is full of pricks who only post to start arguments they have no interest in whats actually going on just trying to get their cheap thrill for the day.

Guest Cowboy Dan
Seems like this is the level of intelligence on here now a days.

Such a waste.

I've been on here for years...

Yeah true people seem to have a lot of courage on here when it comes to slagging people off and shit but meet them in person and they quickly shut up.

But as i say i wouldnt expect much more than that from here. Abdn-Music is full of pricks who only post to start arguments they have no interest in whats actually going on just trying to get their cheap thrill for the day.

I said the bands were baws, if i met anyone in public citing those bands, I would tell them they were baws. If they replied with some moaney shite like you did I would tell them to stop being a moron, like I did. I'm a very intolerant person.

But you already seem to know me so well from my three posts, and i've got my "cheap thrill for the day" (man, what a thrill it was!!) so i don't think i need to justify anything else...

I said the bands were baws' date=' if i met anyone in public citing those bands, I would tell them they were baws. If they replied with some moaney shite like you did I would tell them to stop being a moron, like I did. I'm a very intolerant person.

But you already seem to know me so well from my three posts, and i've got my "cheap thrill for the day" (man, what a thrill it was!!) so i don't think i need to justify anything else...[/quote']

If you check it wasnt me you replied to but ah well.

And i never claimed i knew you or even had a go at you personely. I did say in not so many words that there was no point in your post, no one asked if you liked this kind of music just asked if someone could name good bands that did music like that.

But as i say your answer is what ive come to expect so it really doesnt bother me anymore.

I said the bands were baws' date=' if i met anyone in public citing those bands, I would tell them they were baws. If they replied with some moaney shite like you did I would tell them to stop being a moron, like I did. I'm a very intolerant person.

But you already seem to know me so well from my three posts, and i've got my "cheap thrill for the day" (man, what a thrill it was!!) so i don't think i need to justify anything else...[/quote']

Cool. If you don't like it, you don't like it. And i don't mind that you don't like the same stuff as me- just objected to the way you went about saying it.

Was just wanting some info on bands other people were into, in a similar vein to myself.

Back to the point- Pearl Jams MTV Unplugged was cool as well. Longview also do some ace stuff.

Anyone got any others to offer up?

Guest Nikola Tesla
Bulldust!!!!

Music doesn't have to be delivered by a hardcore band to be considered "emotional". I believe you have missed the point of "emo" young man' date=' go and look up the word emotional in a dictionary?[/quote']

the term 'emo' comes from the genre emotional hardcore ie bands like rites of spring, heroin, jawbox ect. I cannot help that the actual defination has been misinterpreted.

As i said death cab are amazingly 'emotional' music. Yet i made no referance to the term emo.

the term 'emo' comes from the genre emotional hardcore ie bands like rites of spring' date=' heroin, jawbox ect. I cannot help that the actual defination has been misinterpreted.

As i said death cab are amazingly 'emotional' music. Yet i made no referance to the term emo.[/quote']

As a point the term "emo" is derivative from "emotional" and as i was using this in the said fashion i believe i may be ok on this one. As you may also notice not all the bands/artists metioned on this thread are what 'you' would term "emo", thus confirming my point. Soz for any sort of missunderstandings.

:up:

Guest Nikola Tesla

Yes the bands on this thread aint what id class as 'emo' nor emotional. But thats becuase they dont connect with me in any way at all. Not meaning to come across as a purist or whatever just stating i didnt think they were that emotional. And if they connect with other people thats cool.

I kinda think asking for emotional music is kinda a strange question seeing as all music should convey some form of human emotion, but maybe thats just me.

Anyhoo, i shall get around to posting up those links once my internet stops being a bitch. As there is some great acoustic bands on them :up: .