aberdeen-music

Blues Brothers Tribute?

Stroopy121

Guest davetherave
Stroopy's got the best job going, playing bass in a soul band is the height of awesome. Tribute to 'Duck' Dunn. Getting burst wearing a suit. Win.

Duck Dunn was a cool dude, but I would prefer the Steve Cropper role myself :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had intended to push this forward a little this week but due to shit being hectic at home it'll be next week before I get something going. I'll punt out some PMs when I can be arsed - looks like we'll be sans keyboard or horns for the first jam though, unless one of you can bring someone, so it'll just be a bit of fun and a fuck about. Guitards can maybe pick out trumpet licks and play them, or something.

Soon, my pretties. Soon.

GsE3k.jpg

xx

I had intended to push this forward a little this week but due to shit being hectic at home it'll be next week before I get something going. I'll punt out some PMs when I can be arsed - looks like we'll be sans keyboard or horns for the first jam though, unless one of you can bring someone, so it'll just be a bit of fun and a fuck about. Guitards can maybe pick out trumpet licks and play them, or something.

Soon, my pretties. Soon.

xx

kazoo.gif

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Soon, my pretties. Soon.

GsE3k.jpg

xx

Are we getting some blues brothers, Mr Stroopy??

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Stroopy, I might be up for your keyboard slot. Mainly a jazz pianist but long-time Blues Bros fan. Also I can do horn section transcriptions/arrangements if you manage to find some players.

Only problem is I don't currently have a portable keyboard and amp, but perhaps someone can help with that, for initial rehearsals at least?

PM me if interested!

• 2 weeks later...

Horn section - start of new term at Aberdeen Uni, they have a big band, maybe a couple of youngsters there would be up for it? I think they have a web page. Also was in R&B music last week and there is a versatile trombone player looking for things to do on the advert board. I noted telephone number, will pass it on to you by by PM.

N

• Upvote 3