aberdeen-music

Flats available in Aberdeen?

Alright Ladz, how's it going?

My girlfriend and I are moving in together and are looking to get a one bedroom flat at maximum £600pm. Need it fully furnished and nearish the middle of town, parking preferable but not essential. Looking to move in about the end of August and we are both students

We are looking across all the property sites and that, but was just wondering if any of you lot knew of anywhere? Just assessing as many options as possible.

Thanks in advance!

ASPC is baller. Citylets is also pretty decent: http://www.citylets.co.uk/flats-rent-aberdeen/

I rent from APL, but I'm not sure I can recommend them. They've been fantastic with us and have helped us with a few problems, but I've heard lots of bad things about deposits and stuff. Regardless, here's the URL: http://www.primelet.com/property-search/apl_propsearch.php

£600 is crazy. 2 years ago you could get a 2 bedroom for that.

I might be looking for a flat in a few months, I'll need a lot more pennies. Shit.

You could get a shit 2 bedroom in a shit area of town for that. Flat rental prices aren't significantly different from 2 years ago.

My flat-mates are Minchin and Stewart. On their page today:

Right folks, some really nice city centre flats coming up this month, 2x1 beds (around the 600 mark) and 3x2 beds With parking (around the 800 mark) some with tv's and play station 3's included!! call or mail me for first chance to view.

They're pretty new to the game, and therefore incredibly hard working. I can get you in touch about the 1b/r?

£600 for a two bed is really really good, id be surprised if its more than a small box with a few walls stuck in. My place in bod is a bottom floor 2 bed, but its pretty big, it costs us £800 a month, but only because the landlord is a personal friend, she could easily get £1000 for that place.

Thanks for all the advice guys, aspc is proving really useful as is findaproperty.com

Got a viewing tomorrow of one that looks amazing but anyone else got contacts or a flat to rent out then keep em coming! Thanks!

To be fair, having you alongside me would definitely help me out-do a personal best of 2m55s.

Four minutes of terror and thirty minutes of apologising is very much the tagline of my sex-life.

Well it looks like we have a flat! Got it through findaproperty.com and our leasing agent is barbaraellisleasing.co.uk. Couldn't recommend either enough! Barbara runs a small firm but is very helpful, considerate and punctual with any enquiries, as well as very honest about any shortcomings the property might have.

We've still got to sort out references and a credit check so I don't wanna jinx it but it's all been agreed in principle so I'm fairly chuffed. It's in a good location (top of Hardgate) and suits us both perfectly! V. excited to be finally moving out, albeit just 20 mins away and for the second time.

Barbara Ellis are a good firm. My job is chasing up and clamping down on crooked landlords and dickhead letting agents, of which there are many. Barbara Ellis is one of the goodies.

The ones to avoid like a turd in a swimming pool are Martin & Co. Bunch of crooks. They're a bit racist too.

• Upvote 1

Barbara Ellis? Nahh. Not a goodie.

EDIT: Or maybe it was our cunt of a flatmate that brought out the worst in her.

Um, yes. Yes she is. In our experience so far she's been very helpful and professional. Maybe you/he just pissed her off for whatever reason.

That being said no lease is signed and done just yet, still ironing out references etc but so far I've been v.impressed w/her.

Um, yes. Yes she is. In our experience so far she's been very helpful and professional. Maybe you/he just pissed her off for whatever reason.

That being said no lease is signed and done just yet, still ironing out references etc but so far I've been v.impressed w/her.

Aye she was affa affa affa nice to begin with. I do think it was down to our flatmate and her boyfriend like. They were shite to live with and probably pretty shite to lease to.

Why?

EDIT: I should clarify...Why the sudden need for abbreviations?

he has his own flat almost. no time to dilly dally with words.

• 3 months later...