aberdeen-music

New Phone

JaseyBoi

I recieved my new HTC 1 x on friday as i decided Iphones suck the bigone11..My problem though is though that i am staying with same provider just upgrading my contract...The HTC 1 x uses a micro sim not a standard sim....My phone works perfectly other than no signal lol.....I cant make or recieve phone calls on new phone...When i phone my number my old phone rings....I phoned my provider who informs me my contract has been totall swapped over yet again when i phone my number the old phone rings......I phoned my provider again and they insist my new phone and contract are active and my old contract is now finished...How can this be...Im totally confued by it all lol.

Any advice?

I work for a mobile provider. Did the new SIM card they gave you have a phone number attched to it or is it a "blank" SIM card? If it's blank (like it should be) then they just need to do a sim swap, you just need to give them the number off the back of the new sim card and they move your number off the old card and on to the new card. It only takes about 5 minutes. I do about a billion of them every day. If they've given you a SIM with a phone number attached to it then they are doing a MSISDN swap, which takes about 24 hours and wouldn't really make sense.

My old phone was with 3 my new contract is also with 3....Its simply an upgrade so to speak....I was informed that the new micro sim and new contract is the exact same as old one....There should be no difference (im told) other than i get a fancy new gadget.......As i say when i phone 3 they tell me my new phone and contract are active and the old one isnt....Yet i phone me from home phone and old phone rings...

My old phone was with 3 my new contract is also with 3....Its simply an upgrade so to speak....I was informed that the new micro sim and new contract is the exact same as old one....There should be no difference (im told) other than i get a fancy new gadget.......As i say when i phone 3 they tell me my new phone and contract are active and the old one isnt....Yet i phone me from home phone and old phone rings...

Yeah, so the contract is still going on and the number is still active but it's on your old sim card. Phone them and ask them to do a sim swap, give them the long number off the back of your new sim card and Bob's your uncle.

• Upvote 1