aberdeen-music

Hardcore/Metal(ish) band wanted

Jaaakkkeee

"Think about it, do we really need any more hardcore pish in Aberdeen? Oh, I went there. :p"

I think it's funny how people no longer consider punk to be dead (I never did) but now it's the other way round.

3 notes played with something substantial and meaningful behind it are better that 1,000 notes with pish behind it.

Not getting in to the whole punk vs metal rubbish, but seriously, there are so many young british hardcore acts realeasing good music at the moment it's hard to keep up with it all.

And the fact that bands who you probably consider to be "inferior musicians" just because they don't shred through songs and gloat about all the gear they have / use are getting further than most of your current metal counter parts probably pisses you off, resulting in jealousy. Hence your snidey post.

• Upvote 1

And the fact that bands who you probably consider to be "inferior musicians" just because they don't shred through songs and gloat about all the gear they have / use are getting further than most of your current metal counter parts probably pisses you off, resulting in jealousy. Hence your snidey post.

Why cant he dislike a certain genre without him being jealous? Your as bad as you claim him to be with your hollier than tho post. Simpe fact is some people find that kinda music as shite, i do, its pish, simple as. Doesnt mean im jealous of them or anything, just means my ears cry when they hear what these guys claim is music.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, I'm not getting in to the whole punk vs metal thing. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions when it comes to music, I just don't see the point in slating another genre just because you don't like it. That's the equivalent to me saying a stereo typical anti metal statement - "put down the dean and get a haircut?" Does that count? And how exactly does it make your ears cry? Most hardcore influences are taken from straight punk / skater punk, Or do you dislike that too?

The Chariot (the video that kicked this off) has very very little in common with skate punk. Yes they both play guitars, but so do Take That, the comparision ends there. I dont see any of this as a punk vs metal thing, im not sure that really exists anymore, its more a compition between who can wear the tightest jeans now a days. All the true punkx have died off from septecimia from wearing too many saftey pins through their noses anyway. Some of the shite banded about as music now a days makes me sad, i guess its a part of getting older and getting over our scene dieing, and from knowing Jake, i know exactly how shite this would be (sorry jake).

• Upvote 2

I personally think the Chariot are dugshite, I'll agree with you there.

Clothes don't come in to it. In fact, this time 10 years ago - it was who could wear the baggiest jeans that counted!

Music is subjective and all that jazz.

Clothes have always come into it, its been like that for a long long time. Like you pointed out it was baggy jeans a while ago, i recently pulled out a pair of size 36 jeans from my wardrobe, if i fill a size 28 im doing well. (cool story) Before that it was various other things, music and fashion go hand in hand, in any genre.

We agree on one thing at least, The Chariot are utter shite.

• Upvote 1