aberdeen-music

Beach Holidays

Sam 45

Went to Albufeira in the Algarve last year and honestly didn't like it much.

The wee local bar was only €1.50 for a beer but it was just for a quiet drink. Heading anywhere with entertainment at night you were looking at €5 a drink and considering a bottle of vodka can be bought for €5 it is a rip off.

The only place good for eating in the new town was Wild&Co but you were €25 for a steak. Everywhere else just sold the same with piri piri chicken and peppered steak "tonight's specials" every single night.

The old town was a bit better but the harassment to enter restaurants was as bad as I've ever see.

Sunny Beach is fine. Cheap if you stick to local brands. Been a couple of times and would go back.

Some of the BH planes are bloody scary though and they don't seem to be concerned about safety too much.

I think for a wee holiday this year I will probably go to Salou again. They did a good job of cleaning up the beach a few years back and I'm told further improvements have been made.

My mate is just back and said that prices have come down too.

There is a theme park and swimming parks well worth a visit nearby.

With Sunny Beach and Salou hotel choice is critical. Both have too many stinking hotels that a few of the travel agents seem to recommend too strongly.

• 4 weeks later...
I think half of Britain has been to Bodrum.

It's the Magaluf of Turkey is it not?

Dunno, I've never really heard of it. We're going to Bitez which is a tiny wee fishing village along the coast from it a bit, seemingly very quiet, doesn't even have any pubs. All the advisor sites say it's a great place to relax but it's only 15 minutes from Bodrum in a taxi if you want to partay a bit. Seems like a good base. I always prefer to stay in the quiet bit so I can get some fucking kip at night and relax round the pool when hungover without tons of Scouse cretins playing shit music.

• Upvote 3

Wow, a Beach Holidays thread. Actually exactly what I need. This Aberdeen-Music place sure is helpful.

Me and 3 of my pals fancy going somewhere next month, and our only requirements are: sun, beer, tits and cheap-ish. I always hear about people who get stuff “last minute” on the cheap and as our requirements are so simple, we were hoping that we could do the same. Culture is unimportant this year, just sun and beer please. So anyway, can anyone recommend a good way of getting one of these “last minute” deals.