aberdeen-music

Online Dating.. thoughts?

Lightfoot

I’m starting off on the assumption that 90% of people on this forum are (like me) middle-aged blokes (either in real-time or in mind-set) and are online cos they’re (again, like me) incapable of forming real relationships with real people.. :oops:

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of online dating. I could tell a tale or two, but as a ‘new boy’ on this forum wanted to know what’s up for discussion and what isn’t….

Who wants to start..?

I've never used online dating because, like Lucky proposes to be, i am fantastically fun to be around and a great looker. Having said that, if i was struggling to get a ride then i may look into online dating. I know a couple of people who have used it to devastating effect in that department.

I think its a great thing for people as they get a bit older. Meeting people and getting laid becomes exponentially harder as you get old and stop being cool. Me, I've never had a problem, but I'm 24 and extremely attractive. There is certainly no shame in it like some people think.

if i was struggling to get a ride then i may look into online dating.

You old romantic! :love: (Also don't you have a burd? LADZZ)

A lot of people seem to think online dating is used by people desperate for giving or receiving a good boabin'. But like you said Lightfoot they can be used to form real relationships and there's certainly no shortage of success stories.

I think once every realises match.com and the like aren't full of middle aged men with grainy webcams and hard-ons they'll be appreciated more.

Frankly, I'm online just to get my Nat King. I'm no Brad Pitt, but unless you're a Davie Dodds look-a-like, then its like shooting fanny in a barrel.

There are hunners of burdz out there just gagging for it. And only about 90% of them are fat mingers. That means a good 10% or so are do'able WITHOUT the lights off.

Guys! Wake up! Online dating is the future... :rockon::woohoo:

• Upvote 2

You old romantic! :love: (Also don't you have a burd? LADZZ)

A lot of people seem to think online dating is used by people desperate for giving or receiving a good boabin'. But like you said Lightfoot they can be used to form real relationships and there's certainly no shortage of success stories.

I think once every realises match.com and the like aren't full of middle aged men with grainy webcams and hard-ons they'll be appreciated more.

I do have a burd so luckily don't have to search for a ride. Im still in the LADZZ 4 LIFE club though so please don't throw me out ;( I drank Stella last night and everyfink.

I do have a burd so luckily don't have to search for a ride. Im still in the LADZZ 4 LIFE club though so please don't throw me out ;( I drank Stella last night and everyfink.

Just cos you have a burd doesnt mean you get a ride.

There's plenty of married fanjita online who aren't getting any, whose hubbies have gone off the boil or let themselves go, and they just want a bit of 'fun' away from home.

Those are the ones I like. Nae ties, no complications. Just a quick lunchtime rumble in the local Holiday Inn Express. I've earned SO MANY loyalty points on the back of this illicit shagging.... :up:

Guest Gladstone

Fucking hell - this thread has turned grim already.

I'm 30, been with my wife since I was 18 and would be a completely lost soul if something was to happen. I don't know if I could bring myself to try and find someone on the internet or nae though. I'd probably just cry myself to sleep every night.

Despite being handsomer than Lucky Rathen.

Online Dating seems to have a very negative stigma attached to it, as if it as seen as much more morally and ethically acceptable to meet a rat-arsed lass who can barely stand in some shite nightclub, and allow a sloppy, drunken, vomit-soaked one night stand to blossom into some kind of "you'll do then" relationship. At least with the internet, you can find out if you actually get on and share interests before you awkwardly try and force something to happen.

Not gonna lie. I met Emma through online dating when I was on the rebound from my last relationship ending, out of curiosity more than anything, and mostly because I was totally skint moving from a council flat to a private flat that I couldn't afford to go out and do things. I didn't really expect anything to happen, but we've been together over 18 months and we now live together. S'alright.

Maybe 10 years ago it would be a bit odd, when everyone who wanted to meet someone on the internet was dubbed as a paedo or a rapist, but now that practically everybody uses the internet, it's not really that abnormal.

• Upvote 6

Nothing wrong with online dating. I've never used it myself but I wouldn't hesitate to sign up if I found myself not administering the boabie to a satisfied participant on the regular. All other forms of interaction and communication have gone to the cloud so it makes sense that dating does too. I'm going to a wedding next month with folk who met online and they couldn't be better suited. I talk to perfectly good looking friends of mine who struggle to find decent people to 'date' then compare their situation with other friends who are constantly going out with internet folk and there's really no comparison - you're guaranteed at least a few interesting dates with minimal effort as opposed to playing the ladz/laddettez game at bars which, for most people has losing odds most of the time. I know personally, if i'm not a few beers deep it's a waste of time.

Frankly, I'm online just to get my Nat King. I'm no Brad Pitt, but unless you're a Davie Dodds look-a-like, then its like shooting fanny in a barrel.

There are hunners of burdz out there just gagging for it. And only about 90% of them are fat mingers. That means a good 10% or so are do'able WITHOUT the lights off.

Guys! Wake up! Online dating is the future... :rockon::woohoo:

I really hope you don't find anyone based on that god-awful patter.

• Upvote 1

I've been with THE MISSUS for nearly six years, and I too wouldn't really know where to start again. Where do you actually meet people nowadays? The Internet, that's where.

I would have absolutely no hesitation using online dating as a form of meeting new people. It cuts out all the shit, right? You're already at a place where you kind of know what each other are into (socially, not sexually) before you even start.

• Upvote 1

I've been with THE MISSUS for nearly six years, and I too wouldn't really know where to start again. Where do you actually meet people nowadays? The Internet, that's where.

I would have absolutely no hesitation using online dating as a form of meeting new people. It cuts out all the shit, right? You're already at a place where you kind of know what each other are into (socially, not sexually) before you even start.

Plus, your MISSUS is totally hot.

• Upvote 1