aberdeen-music

OFFERED: Acoustic / Electric Guitarist

Guy

Hi there,

I'm an acoustic and electric player looking for a new project or band. I'm also interested in providing acoustic backing at open mics etc for other singers male or female.

I'm also learning to sing so could do backing vocals.

My influences are varied so if you want to find out more get in touch.

Cheers,

Guy

I will share some of my interests: I like most music but in particular 50's Music, Rockabilly, Rock N' Roll, Country and Blues and my favorite band are the Stray Cat's.

It would also be fun to meet up with people for a regular jam session and play some songs simply for pleasure or to hit an open mic. Does anybody know of any jam sessions?

Cheers,

Guy

The Smiddy Bar in Daviot has a friendly electro-acoustic jam on the last sunday of each month, starting at 3pm. The landlord is a guitarist and singer and the locals are welcoming to newcomers and new styles of music. The structure leans more towards a companionate, Irish feel, rather than the sometimes competitive and bitchy open mic nights. If you'd like to just play your own stuff, unaccompanied, though, that'll be no problem.

Daviot is near Inverurie, by the way...............

Like you, I enjoy backing other musicians and singers. It's fun stretching your skills and satisfying to help a new performer along the road.

• 2 weeks later...