aberdeen-music

wanted: speakers with 3.5mm jack

Little Green

it has a plug that goes into the wall because there is a little amplifier built into them to make them louder.

speakers without power are passive speakers and don't sound very good or loud if hooked up via a headphone jack.

I don't have pics I think they are just like little grey desktop speakers

Maybe have a look in Argos? If you have a look in the sale section you can sometimes get 2.1 systems very cheap and a proper subwoofer will sound better than 2 satellites. I got a set that were on sale at £15 from £25, and when I went to pay for them went through at £7. Nowhere near as good as my main set but for the money sound decent and perfect for use at work with an mp3 player. If you just want satellites can't go much wrong with what fatboy is offering. Even argos value speakers are £7

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/070750/c_1/1|category_root|Office%2C+PCs+and+phones|14418968/Trail/searchtext%3ESPEAKERS.htm

what are satalites?

omg lol i have no idea how loud speakers aven are meant to be!???

the ones i had were pc speakers so since fatboy yours are too yeh i'm guessing they will paly a similar volume.

what model are they i'll google a pic.

but for £5 i reckon they should be ok i'm super skint atm

The link I posted earlier doesn't seem to work properly for me. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9246171/Trail/searchtext>ARGOS VALUE SPEAKERS.htm is the value speakers. These are satellites. The big boxy speaker is the subwoofer and is used for producing bass. So if you want a nicer and fuller bass sound you are better with a 2.1 set -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-OEM-S220-Speaker-Black/dp/B000QWFI9A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1338035660&sr=8-4 will do perfectly for bedroom use and be more than powerful enough. One thing you should always do with your music player though is to tweak the EQ settings to your liking!

Volume is difficult to say as thinks with the same power rating often sound different and it depends how you like your music. I think my cheap set is 8 watts RMS and that never goes above half volume really. Even that is enough to be heard in another room.

i'll see when i'm free this week.

i'm tied up with exams until weds though.

i'll give u a shout

Do NOT go to Fatboy's house alone. Or at least without telling someone where you are. Have a friend you can call with an agreed "panic word" so they can send the coppers round.

• Upvote 1