aberdeen-music

Inverness query.

Anybody able to point me in the direction of any heavy bands from Inverness? Talking pretty much anything from death metal to metalcore to kiddy screamo. Not that I'm expecting there's a pure mad scene up there but there must be a band or two, and I can't seem to dig out much info online. Imagine at least a couple of people who post here have lived there recently.

Thanks.

THE SIGNAL are the best Inverness band I know of. Speedy, nippy hardcore punk - including NAPALM DEATH cover. Played their first Aberdeen gig a couple of weeks ago at Bile Yer Heid gig #3 and their set ruled yet again.

Definitely worth catching.

SEED OF SORROW features the bassist of The Signal - metal, new-style hardcore type of heaviness.

There is a Ross-shire band that are a bit screamo/melodic metal like Killswitch Engage or somethin', FALLEN RIOT I think their name is? saw them play Elgin last year and wasn't hugely impressed (but then screamo/melodic metal never will)

hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...