aberdeen-music

Lockah to release EP on Mad Decent/Jeffree's & Pitchfork feature

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'm delighted to announce that I have signed with Mad Decent to release an EP on their new sublabel, Jeffree's. When U Stop Feeling Like A Weirdo & Become A Threat is out on June 14th. Pitchfork were kind enough to stream an exclusive track from the release - you can stream 'The Sour Drink From The Ocean' here

homepage_large.f16c72fc.jpg

Follow me on Twitter, Soundcloud & Facebook to keep up-to-date with more Lockah news.

• Upvote 3

already sung your praises on other forums/facebook, but i actually love this. the change in chord progression right at the end really opens up the tune and turns it from a 'beat' into a 'song' (in my mind, at least).

Guest Tam o' Shantie
already sung your praises on other forums/facebook, but i actually love this. the change in chord progression right at the end really opens up the tune and turns it from a 'beat' into a 'song' (in my mind, at least).

Yeah, it's something that I'm conscious of but not that unusual in this style of music. I've never been into house, techno, repetitive dance music. Big influences are the likes of Pixelord, Rustie, Hudson Mohawke and countless others who pretty much avoid anything 'straight' or repeated in their songs. Shout me if you want me to hook you up with some good stuff to check out more along these lines.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

That's me at the 10,000 plays mark in under 2 days . Check out the track if you've not heard it yet:

soundcloud.com/maddecent/lockah-the-sour-drink-from-the

• Upvote 3