aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Did Spain play with a striker? The sooner they realise they need Llorente in the team, the better.

Didn't look like it. They basically play in a full-on wave from the back. I'm terming this the 'sgueedgie' attack formation where they pass it back and forth along a horizontal line, inching forward until they get to the opposing byline and can bundle it in via a deflected square ball. It's shit to watch but effective.

Telegraph others gave Milner Englands man of the match.  I have no idea why the media rate him so highly he is awful, he's equally bad for Citeh as well.

Really? That's mad. They showed the pass completion rate at half time, and he was at 55%. Almost HALF of his passes went to the other team. Terrible. He didn't really do anything other that run in a straight line and shoot about 10 yards wide in the first half. He does alot of running, but so does Welbeck, but he's a little more productive and threatening at least.

Edited by Joda Serk

I like your choice of verb here. It would be very British to 'dip' a biscuit in gravy. Americans wouldn't think I that. Gravy is strictly for pouring on top of things.

That article is wank. I haven't even read it but its wank and not representative of how people view football here. Every person I talk to who doesn't know soccer but who is into sport really respects it because they are conscious of the fact they don't know it enough to make any judgement. It's the equivalent of dismissing NFL because they wear helmets.

The timing is a bit iffy, but he probably shouldn't have gotten the job anyway. He's not really a good manager his transfer policy is godawful. His time at Villa is quite sensationalised considering he was spending big money and won zero trophies, then left due to him being "reportedly unhappy about the funds available for transfers" according to Lerner. Probably because he'd spent hugely and built absolutely nothing at Villa.

He's done an awful job this season whilst also spending a fair amount of wedge, yet Sunderland have looked like one of the most pathetic teams in the league bar maybe 2 or 3 games when they've raised their game a bit against the big sides. Did you see them against 10 man Norwich? So bad. The West Brom game was also LOLbad.

Started well. 7 wins in the first 10 games in all competitions, then only 9 wins in the following 44 games. Very bad. Nobody really cares though, because it's Sunderland, nobody likes Sunderland, except for Niall Quinn, and he's a total fanny anyway.

• Upvote 2

The timing is a bit iffy, but he probably shouldn't have gotten the job anyway. He's not really a good manager his transfer policy is godawful. His time at Villa is quite sensationalised considering he was spending big money and won zero trophies, then left due to him being "reportedly unhappy about the funds available for transfers" according to Lerner. Probably because he'd spent hugely and built absolutely nothing at Villa.

He went to Villa just after they very narrowly avoided relegation and preceeded with 11th, 6th, 6th and 6th. I'd say it's pretty harsh saying his time there has been 'sensationalised'. 3 european qualifications after taking over relegation fodder.
Edited by Sam 45

Di Canio has got the job.

yea-fuck-yea.gif

Which one of his players is he going to assault first? We could make it like a game of Cluedo.

I reckon it'll be Sessegnon, in the training ground car park, with a foot up the arse.

This appointment has made me so very, very happy. Sunderland employ an awful, egotistical fascist cunt in the middle of a relegation battle. The worst club in the universe employ one of the worst men in the universe. Unbelievably brilliant.

swag.gif

• Upvote 2