aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

There is no way Wigan will get sued, thats just stupid paper talk stirring up shite. I cant believe the fuss over this, yes the kid went a bit ott, but are we really at the point where we want to hammer anyone who mistimes a tackle? 

I would of thought that a football player with big strong legs could have taken a kick to the thigh and be alright.

Edited by Flights
  • Downvote 1

That McManaman challenge was uncomfortable to watch, but it's not exactly a Keane/Haaland effort. He makes a fair swipe at the ball, but he gets more thin air than ball, slices it away and ends up taking down whoever the poor sod on the receiving end was. Clumsy with excessive force deserves a 3 match ban. No more. It was unfortunate, but not really nasty, in terms of intent.

The ruling the the FA won't act in decisions the referee has seen and already made a decision on is total garbage.

I'm not really sure why Derek Adams would want to relinquish his role and become the next sacked Aberdeen manager.

Ross County are a far more forward thinking club than Aberdeen have been in the past ten or fifteen years, and their performances, infrastructure, and recruitment policy all highlight this. They seem to be a soundly run little football club, with good players, good coaches, and ultimately, a club thriving upon living within it's means.

That said, Derek Adams is the type of manager who would probably consider the Aberdeen job to be an 'opportunity' and a 'big club'; but I think he's more likely to win the odd trophy and push for European football with Ross County, to be honest.

It'll be interesting to see who accepts the role. There are certainly weaker candidates than Derek McInnes, that's for sure.

• Upvote 2