aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

So who's next for the Dons?  Just to prove that our fans are still fucking mental it seems a lot of them think Di Canio or Phil Brown should get the job.  Dickheads.

Imagine it will be Derek Adams, going to be a lot of nervous County fans just now.  Suspect Paul Hartley, Derek McInnes, Eoin Jess and Eric Black will also be mentioned a lot.

So who's next for the Dons?  Just to prove that our fans are still fucking mental it seems a lot of them think Di Canio or Phil Brown should get the job.  Dickheads.

Imagine it will be Derek Adams, going to be a lot of nervous County fans just now.  Suspect Paul Hartley, Derek McInnes, Eoin Jess and Eric Black will also be mentioned a lot.

Even if they wanted the job, Di Canio or Brown would be terrible appointments.

Probably come a bit soon for Hartley, McInnes probably would take a job in Scotland because he didn't exactly shower himself in glory at Bristol City. Jess would be another legend setting himself up for a fall with lack of experience. I wouldn't be averse to Black but pretty sure he'll be looking for a gig in England. He did say recently that he's keen to get back into management ASAP.

Even if they wanted the job, Di Canio or Brown would be terrible appointments.

Probably come a bit soon for Hartley, McInnes probably would take a job in Scotland because he didn't exactly shower himself in glory at Bristol City. Jess would be another legend setting himself up for a fall with lack of experience. I wouldn't be averse to Black but pretty sure he'll be looking for a gig in England. He did say recently that he's keen to get back into management ASAP.

Brown's been applying for every available job, even saying he'd make Partick the third force in Scottish football. The man reeks of desperation to get back in the game and doesn't seem to know anything about football north of the border. Would be the worst appointment possible.

John Collins is another possibility. I'd be pretty happy with him.

Not sure about lack of experience for Jess. He's been paying his dues doing youth and first team coaching in England while other former pros have been jumping straight into management jobs here (Hartley, McNamara, Pressley). Why shouldn't he get his chance?

Not sure about lack of experience for Jess. He's been paying his dues doing youth and first team coaching in England while other former pros have been jumping straight into management jobs here (Hartley, McNamara, Pressley). Why shouldn't he get his chance?

Hartley, McNamara and Pressley all made their managerial breakthrough below SPL level. I consider a Division One team in Scotland a reasonable 'first job' for a former professional but Aberdeen, in my opinion, is too big a job for someone with zero experience actually being manager of a football team.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Falkirk were still an SPL club when Pressley took over but it's a fair point.

Here's the current odds apparently:

Derek Adams 6/4 - good guy

Craig Levein 7/1 - wank

Billy Stark 8/1 - wank

Derek McInnes 8/1 - good guy

Alex McLeish 9/1 - good guy

Paul Hartley 10/1 - good guy

Allan Moore 12/1 - wank

Mixu Paatelainen 12/1 - good guy

Eric Black 14/1 - good guy

Allan Johnston 16/1 - good guy

John Collins 16/1 - good guy

Kenny Shiels 16/1 - wank

Phil Brown 20/1 - wank

What about Fergie? I think its a possibility.

With Man Utd out of the Champions League and Mourinho looming on the horizon at Old Trafford, I think Fergie might go for it if we were to offer him one last sentimental punt at Pittodire. We'll never know if we don't ask and he would certainly turn the team around. 

744067d1355242083-any-2013-nimble-9-news

Why not? We need to be positive. Why not get the best manager at the best club?

Because there is absolutely no way that SAF would risk tarnishing his legendary status in the game by taking over at Aberdeen where realistically even he, as arguably the best the modern game's ever seen, would struggle to do anything of note nowadays. It's sad, but it's true.

As SJ (JS) says, he will leave United on a high and move into an advisory or ambassadorial role there until he dies. Unless he dies pitchside, which I'm not ruling out.

Bayern were shit last night.

Jenko had a monster game, highlighted when he chased down Robben and just walked off with the ball.  Ref was garbage at points as well, Neuer dives on top of the ball to waste time and Kos gets booked for it.

Hopefully it can inspire something a bit like the second leg of the Milan game last year.

Spurs were very lucky, if ever there has been a team getting hand carried by one exceptional player its them. They had no out ball at all without him on the pitch, no one driving the team forward and bar that one chance they never really looked like scoring. AVB must be shitting himself with the international games coming up, especially considering that thug Allan Hutton will be marking him. One wrong challenge and Spur's season will be over. 

Spurs were very lucky, if ever there has been a team getting hand carried by one exceptional player its them. They had no out ball at all without him on the pitch, no one driving the team forward and bar that one chance they never really looked like scoring. AVB must be shitting himself with the international games coming up, especially considering that thug Allan Hutton will be marking him. One wrong challenge and Spur's season will be over. 

Has Hutton been playing for Mallorca? Do you know how he's getting on? Could do with him being match fit and in form because he's still Scotland's best right back, despite his flaws.

Has Hutton been playing for Mallorca? Do you know how he's getting on? Could do with him being match fit and in form because he's still Scotland's best right back, despite his flaws.

Aye he has played almost every game, and looking ok by all accounts. Spanish football will suit him better, not so much pressure on him compared to the EPL. 

I agree he is still our best option, but he can mistime tackles so badly.