aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Aye, I got a bit bored into the second half.  I thought Estonia were pretty shite, but they did gave a couple of good attempts on goal from distance.  Konstantin Vassilyev, their #14, is the spitting image of me.  Chris Burke was pretty great and it's great to have a guy of Steven Fletcher's ability back in the team.  He and Rhodes could tear shit up as a front 2, but they didn't play well together last night.  Hopefully that will change because they are both quality players with bags of goals. 

McGregor

Bardsley - Caldwell - Berra - Mulgrew

Burke - Fletcher - McArthur - Maloney

Fletcher - Rhodes

With guys like Webster, Morrison, Adam (yes, Charlie Adam), Snodgrass, Brown and Bannan available too.  Our defence is the weakest component, but overall that's not the worst squad, is it?  Certainly not only the 78th - or whatever - best squad in the world?! 

Alan Hutton can basically get tae, however.  I'd rather have Ryan Jack! 

Edited by Moose

No comments on the Dazzler vid? IS everyone away on mars or something? It's tremendous.

It's fucking amazing.....although not quite as good as this old chestnut, when Alan Hutton tried to show off his ball skills to the Spanish media when he joined Mallorca.  Sorry if you'll all seen this already, but I LOL'd like a drain when I saw this yesterday.

Edited by Hugh_Jazz
  • Upvote 2

I really like Paul Lambert and I dig what he's attempting to do, but when asked about his team's inability to defend corners his solution was thus:

"We just need to stop conceding corners. It's simple really. We just have to attack that ball when it's in the box."

Not a hint of irony or humour involved.

What the fuck? For a team who does not play dominant possession football, I think you'll find it's difficult to avoid conceding corners. If your players were capable of "attacking that ball when it's in the box", you'd concede less goals from corners.

I think he may be losing the plot a little.

The battle for 2nd place is definitely there for Spurs or Chelsea to take. As they say, the hardest title to win is the one you're defending. City don't look up for the fight. But I said that last year when they crumbled, but then they clawed it back, so you never know? They were very fortunate to keep everyone fit last season where as United had a mare with injuries, especially losing Vidic for so long. City and United had both the best and worst injury records respectively in the league that season. City haven't had the same luck this year, losing Kompany and Aguero in spells. It certainly makes a huge difference. They also bought pretty crap players in the summer. Garcia? Proving there are players somehow less mobile than Gareth Barry. Where is Rodwell? Why did they take Sinclair from Swansea only to never play him? Maicon hasn't been good for a while. The only good buy was Nastasic, who is still a little shaky at times. Mancini's tactics are weird. When they are losing, they take off Silva and bring on full backs. I know they operate more as wingers, but if anyone is capable of breaking down a tired defence through sustained pressure, surely it's Silva?

As always, it's never over until it's over. If United could drop 8 points with 6 games to go last time, then 12 points with 12 to go isn't so huge. I doubt they'll do it again, but United still have games against City, Chelsea and Arsenal to come, as well as tough away games at Stoke, West Brom, West Ham and Sunderland to come. You wouldn't expect them to toss it away again, but there is definitely 12 points there can can very possibly be dropped, considering United aren't exactly playing well, and probably have't played one truly dominant game all season, except for both 4-0 fixtures against Wigan I guess, but Wigan are shit until March, every year.

I still don't think they should have a problem with second I don't see Man United dropping enough points to lose the league, doubt it'll be a 12 point gap in the end though.

Chelski are so inconsistent I don't think they'll get close enough to City.  Should still have an easy 3rd.

I still have faith that Spurs will drop points.  They still have Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool.  Bale is in a rich vein of form but can they rely on him for the rest of the season, with the lack of striker options there?

I hope Chelsea finish 2nd, but then that would mean Rafa Benitez being praised for being a mastermind or something. Tough one. Liverpool got a result at the Etihad though. I think Chelsea have enough about them to win there, based on current form, then there'll only be 1point between them.

Realistically though, I think the top 4 will finish as it is. I think Arsenal's iffy away form will stop them finishing in the top 4.