aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Incidentally, Fraser Fyvie played the full 90 minutes for Wigan in their FA cup replay this week.

Funnily enough they were away to Bournemouth.

That's the thing though, Fyvie gets the odd start in the cup but it's against lower league dross.

I'm sure he couldn't give a fuck though. Picking up £7k p/week is nice work if you can get it.

Incidentally, Fraser Fyvie played the full 90 minutes for Wigan in their FA cup replay this week.

Against Bournemouth, somewhat ironically. :up:

Martinez loves a young Scottish midfielder, but I hope Fyvie cherished the experience, because he's not going to play many 90-minutes for Wigan. It'll be somewhat humorous seeing him turn out for Kilmarnock or St Johnstone in a few seasons.

Thing is i guess (and im as gulity as the next for it) if we're sayiing he will play for some SPL dross again in two years, do we really hold that much hope for these players? If not, why are we worried about them moving off? We've just taken in £400k for a guy who has finished 4 games all season, not scored a goal, it COULD be deemed as good buisness.

Fyvie hardly set the SPL on fire last season, and i'd never seen Grimmer play a game for us, have we really lost that much? Yes in the long run you would have hoped Fraser would have made us a million or two, but all it could have taken was one very badly timed challenge and he's done. I guess thats his take as well, why stay at the dons and make pennies when he could make a half million in the next 3 years and if it goes tits up have a good chunk of money behind you to get on with life.

Mental goings on at Southampton.

In other news, Rangers' delusional abilities extend to graph making. I think something might be a little out of proportion here.

9fa010461d33e025bca8f04.jpg

That's a funny looking scale they've used. 37,767 is the same as 96 by the looks of it.

EDIT: That'll probably explain why they couldn't pay their bills.

To be fair to Fyvie, I think Wigan was a good a move as any for him if he was going to go to a Premier League club in England...James McCarthy and James McArthur both took a season or two to settle and were developed by Martinez/his staff over a period of time. I'm still pretty sure Fyvie will 'make it' at a decent level, just perhaps with a Championship team. In the same way Scott Arfield has at Huddersfield, as an example.

The bottom line is the SPL cannot compete with even League One when it comes to wages. Money > all for youngsters who have no 'fall back' (I say that as a stereotype, but I can't imagine Ryan Fraser is particularly well educated). Ultimately, can you really blame him? Yes, money is obscene at the highest level but for a guy like Fraser at 18 being offered the chance to earn upwards of £2k a week? He could pick up a career ending injury in training tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Another question surrounding this photo: why does he have stars above the logo on his jacket? I thought they were for winning trophies. This 3rd div side has won fuck all.

By that reckoning how have they increased season ticket sales when this is their first year? If they had any sense they would have put a 0 in the 11/12 column and marvelled at the percentage increase.

• Upvote 2

After last Tuesday home tanking to that football giant Nuneaton Boro, I look forward to Cambridge not losing this afternoon at that other football giant Hyde since the game has been called off.

Sacking Atkins? Ridiculous decision but thats what football is like these days, sure he will pick up another job soon.

Adkins getting sacked doesn't make any sense. Who could have done a better job? Whilst not all the results went his way, his team played very, very well against all the big sides so far. Who ever thought Rickie bleeding Lambert would have scored goals against Chelsea and City away and United at home, and counting!? Who?! 15th place after back to back promotions to the Premier League is about as good as it gets, and how many of their best players from their academy have they lost along the way? Mental. Football is rubbish sometimes.

The Adkins thing is almost identical to what happened with Hughton and Pardew. Young, well-spoken, eloquent, smart manager has his team performing above expectations in the league. Rich board get itchy fingers, line-up a replacement weeks in-advance. Outgoing manager learns of his demise on the television. In comes a seemingly unsuitable manager with a suspect track record.

So fuck Southampton's board, basically.

• Upvote 1

Another question surrounding this photo: why does he have stars above the logo on his jacket? I thought they were for winning trophies. This 3rd div side has won fuck all.

We were speaking about this at work this morning. The same as when they played Queens Park and it was billed as Glasgow's oldest derby match. The new Rangers haven't technically existed for a full year yet.

They tend to argue that the history of Rangers came with the newco, don't they? Fiorentina reformed as a new team in 2002, but they kept the history after a year or so of ambiguity over it. Their first season after reforming as a new club, they weren't even allowed to wear their famous purple, but they bought those rights back, I believe. I well hate Rangers, but they'd only go back to scratch in terms of history if there was a gap in their existence, right? Like how MK Dons didn't carry over Wimbledon FC's history, as there was a gap of 9 months of not operating as a football club. The transition for Rangers and Fiorentina was seamless.

The problem with the Rangers fiasco is that they want the best of both worlds. They want to have a new, debt free club and still keep the history of the debt ridden shambles of the previous club.

I think most people have given up and just accepted their claims to their 'history'.

They had a celebration on 08/12/12 celebrating 140 years of Rangers. LOL.

How hard can it possibly be for a man who's career is supposed to be "manager of a football team" to pick his best 11 players and set them out in a system that best suits their strengths and weaknesses? Similarly, who in their right bloody mind substitutes the day's three best performers off when trying to secure a result?

You know who I'm talking about. Useless shitehead.

They tend to argue that the history of Rangers came with the newco, don't they? Fiorentina reformed as a new team in 2002, but they kept the history after a year or so of ambiguity over it. Their first season after reforming as a new club, they weren't even allowed to wear their famous purple, but they bought those rights back, I believe. I well hate Rangers, but they'd only go back to scratch in terms of history if there was a gap in their existence, right? Like how MK Dons didn't carry over Wimbledon FC's history, as there was a gap of 9 months of not operating as a football club. The transition for Rangers and Fiorentina was seamless.

Can we ban this guy?

• Upvote 1

Pardew must be in serious trouble now... losing at home to Reading?? No excuses for that, he must be fearing for his job now...

Absolutely. What gets me, though, is that he was asked yesterday if he feared for his job... for the first time! Why has it taken so long for the penny to drop with this guy?! He's been shite since September.

I'd take Adkins. I'm not saying he's the great saviour, but he at least seems like he has some common sense about him. Pardew is a limited manager whose strengths lie in building camaraderie and team spirit: when results start going to shit and the team spirit evaporates, he doesn't have a clue what to do. He's a PR manager, a gobshite, a charlatan. At least Adkins seems to understand what tactics and substitutions actually are. All I want is somebody who sets the team out properly! That's it. I don't care where we finish, as long as everybody is doing the best job they possibly can.

Here's a good example of Pardew's cluelessness: yesterday he subbed off our three best players on the day (Cabaye, Marveaux, Anita) whilst trying to hold onto a 1-0 lead. He brought on Perch and Bigirimana for Cabaye and Marv. His reasoning: "we needed a couple of tacklers on the pitch."

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

That came out of a grown man's mouth. A GROWN MAN who does this for a living. That's the kind of shit you'd expect from a primary school kid who's too young to know anything about football. Christ almighty. That's completely disregarding the fact that our central midfield at the time was Cabaye and Anita, who are both very strong in the tackle anyway! I can't wait for the day when he brings Nile Ranger on for Ben Arfa because "we needed a shooter out there."

Anyway, I'm sorry for continuing raging on this forum about Pardew. I really am. I don't suspect anybody gives a flying fuck. I just need a place to vent.