aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

What a cunt. What an arrogant cunt as well. Firstly, why the fuck would the EPL want the bigoted, rioting scumbags in their league? They've done pretty well without them so far. What would Rangers add? SEcondly, what even makes the cunts think they could compete in England? Would even a rebuilt Rangers realistically be able to give the Readings, the QPRs and the Wigans a game, never mind Chelsea, Man U and Spurs. They'd get fucking pumped every week. We'll see how happy the fans are when they find their level sitting in the bottom half of the Championship losing 2-0 at home to Peterborough.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/209007-football-talk-the-three-fat-ladies-split-traynors-ballistic-blog/

Loved this:

It all sounds a bit desper-8. And it has provoked the ire of Rangers' new media chief James Traynor who wrote a calm, dispassionate critique of the new plans.

Then he put that measured piece in his top drawer and battered out a page of polemic that mocked the powers that be, laid into critical fans from other clubs and then signed off with dark mutterings about any journalist, blogger or tweeter that crossed the imaginary line he's drawn in the sand. Powerful stuff.

:D

Jim Traynor - universally recognised as a dick

In regard to Jim Traynor's piece on Rangers' website. I was the one who ridiculed Watty's comedy bid. What are you going to do about it Jim?

— Tom English (@TomEnglishSport)

• Upvote 2

Let Charles Green go ahead with this I say. Let him alientate his club further and dig an even deeper hole for themselves. Sooner or later they're going to go over the score and face further consequences giving us all more entertainment.

And bravo to Eupraxia for the use of the word fuck-sock!

Coloccini wants to leave. I want to cry.

A club legend in my eyes. Great defender, great man, great captain. I absolutely love the bloke and will be devastated if he leaves. The best defender to play for Newcastle in my lifetime, and maybe even all-time.

Championship here we come. We're done. It's over. Call a taxi and go home.

Screw this. The absolute worst news I could've received today, outside of getting dumped or someone dying.

• Upvote 1

Is he? Or has he been smart enough to know exactly how he gets the morons on board?

The morons are already on board. They're called the 'fan-base'.

Trying to rub the wrong way the key footballing authorities in the geographical areas they are simultaneously attempting to gain entry to, in that passively-aggressive conceited manner of his, is stupid. Stupid as fuck. He's evidently a man who is accustomed to possessing power and using this power to manipulate others into doing things that will benefit him. His frustration at Rangers no longer being in a position of power is palpable.

The guy is a twat-pocket of the highest order. Top flight Scottish football has been distinctly more interesting without them this season, and some key proponents of the English game in particular do not want Rangers Football Club in their league. Why the fuck would they? The English game will not benefit one iota by having Rangers involved in their tiered league system.

Oh dont get me wrong, i cannot stand the guy and think he is a complete tosser, BUT, to be fair to him, he pulled the fanbase back together, remember half of them wanted him out before he even took over, with that knobber Brown conducting his war cries on the steps of Ibrox, Green has actually got them back onside by doing nothing but keep the hatred going. His statements stink of nothing but pandering to the Ibrox lot, i dont really think he truly believes all he says, but he says it because he knows it will make the next home game very busy as people "buy into his vision" and want to "back the cause". The guy is a twat, but i think he is a very smart twat, who has played his hand very well since taking over that disaster of a club. He knows the SFA wont kick him or his club out, no chance, they would turn the best par of half a nation against them, plus i've seen rubber ducks with more back bone than the SFA, especially when it comes to Rangers.

I dont want Rangers back in the SPL or anything, i'd be happy to see them disappear forever and i agree the SPL is much better off without them.

Great day of football yesterday. The game at the Emirates was bonkers. Kompany getting sent off for a two-footer AGAIN. When will he learn. Just don't do it, ever? If you don't do it, you won't get sent off for it.

The Mancpool derby wasn't quite the blockbuster, but Daniel Sturridge hasn't changed a bit since he first broke through into the Man City side. Gets ball at the byline... Cross? No. Ping across goal? No. Hold up and wait for Stevie G late run? No. Take ultra-narrow angle shot, hoping for outrageous goalkeeping error, but end up with ball slamming into the advertising boards? YES Multiplied by 5! Great signing.

Everyone's going mental about how Mike Dean 'ruined the game' and made a bunch of bad decisions, but honestly I thought he had an excellent game and got all the big decisions completely correct without going over the top. On another day Wilshere, Javi Garcia and Vermaelen (amongst others) could have all been sent off for persistent fouling. Good ref. Terrible boots.

Great day of football yesterday. The game at the Emirates was bonkers. Kompany getting sent off for a two-footer AGAIN. When will he learn. Just don't do it, ever? If you don't do it, you won't get sent off for it.

Disagree with you about Kompany, hard but fair one footed tackle. Clearly won the ball and was very unlucky to be sent off.

i9UPSdHNjjh7g.gif

BAgdWhrCQAALBdd.jpg

It wasn't really a two-footed tackle though was it? There's no way you can tackle with any forward momentum at all without both feet leaving the ground a bit. If it was studs up and into Ramsey's shin's I could understand it but the only contact was with the ball. Wilshire made it look a lot worse by clattering into him half a second later but if anything I thought Wilshire was the more likely sending off.

If you watch the replay Kompany is complete control of his actions and concentrates on the ball the whole time. Clean contact with the ball at which point his studs are pointing down, not up. If we're now expecting clean, ball winning tackles to be a sending off then how the hell are defenders meant to win the ball? By asking politely?

Disagree with you about Kompany, hard but fair one footed tackle. Clearly won the ball and was very unlucky to be sent off.

BAgdWhrCQAALBdd.jpg

By the time the ball and Kompany reached Wilshere, though, both feet were off the ground. Rightly or wrongly, you simply can't do that in football nowadays.

The third angle replay in this video (from behind Kompany) shows you what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbbNyvPJio

I thought it was a bit harsh, it was a tough challenge, but thats a good thing, Fair play to Kompany for coming out and saying he can understand why the ref thought it was a red but asked him to have another look.

Man Utd were lucky in the second half, they just seemed to stop playing, if Sturridge wasnt such a greedy bastard Liverpool could have taken something from that game.

N0104181358106060383A.jpg

The pictures of this tackle dont really tell the whole story is was two footed at the start but by the time he took the ball it was one. But he left the ground with both feet I think this is the crucial part. Red card for me. So was Kos's though.

Saying that I thought Dean was awful all game. He went mental with cards and had no control over the game. And pulling the game back for that city free kick was ridiculous because he let them play on then they fucked it up so he pulled it back. It's not rugby you play on and if they screw up tough shit.

And pulling the game back for that city free kick was ridiculous because he let them play on then they fucked it up so he pulled it back. It's not rugby you play on and if they screw up tough shit.

I disagree totally. Garcia was off-balance because he'd been pulled back therefore his attempted pass wide was unsuccessful as a direct result of the foul. Good decision IMO.

I'm glad you think that Koscielny's red was justified, though, hearing deluded Arsenal fans try and claim it wasn't a sending off is hilarious. It's not even like you could say Dzeko went down easily. Rugby tackle in the six yard box? Clearly a red.