aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Damn, beaten to it. I believe the term Warnock used was 'sewer rat', and I think it was <18 months after he signed him. I remember him saying in an interview it was because he was the best player with low enough wages for Leeds to sign him.

Found it ->

Warnock said after the game: “The lads were furious with El-Hadji Diouf; Mackie had broken his leg and he is calling him all sorts on the pitch.

“ I can’t abide people like that. Even the Blackburn people were embarrassed. For years I have thought Diouf was the gutter type – I was going to call him a sewer rat but that might be insulting to sewer rats.

“He is the lowest of the low. I think he will be the first to leave Blackburn and good riddance – I hope he goes abroad because I won’t miss him. He is a nasty little person.’

Diouf replied: “Who is Warnock? He’s nothing to me.

"He’s not Alex Ferguson, he’s not Arsene Wenger, he’s not Sam Allardyce or an important manager.

"I know he doesn’t like me, but it’s the same for me – I don’t like him.”

Liverpool have signed Sturridge. It's been on the cards for ages, but it's confirmed now. £12million. I think they could have gotten someone better for less if they looked abroad. Or, they could have thrown their hat in the ring for Ba, since he seems to be costing peanuts. I always thought Ba's mega-cheap release clause was to do with Champions League football? Chelsea are out.

The release clause for Demba Ba was about £7.5 million isn't it? So Chelsea are getting Demba Ba + £4.5 million in exchange for an inferior player if all the deals go ahead. Liverpool are unbelievable. It seems the Liverpool managers job has been cursed to making overpriced signing of mediocre players since Dalglish was in charge. I can think of a few PL strikers who they would definitely get for less than that who would surely be an improvement, let alone looking abroad.

The release clause for Demba Ba was about £7.5 million isn't it?

Something like that, but I always thought it only applied for teams in the Champions League. Maybe that was nonsense. A good price for a good player. He'd be a good replacement for Andy Carroll at Liverpool. He's like an Andy Carroll who actually scores goals.

I don't really rate Sturridge. He annoys me. I always wanted him to do well because he's English and seemed to be reasonably talented, but his whole thing seems to be to get the ball, run towards the byline, and take a shot from like a 15 degree angle into the sidenetting, and then hold his hands up when everyone yells at him for not looking up, ever.

The release clause for Demba Ba was about £7.5 million isn't it? So Chelsea are getting Demba Ba + £4.5 million in exchange for an inferior player if all the deals go ahead. Liverpool are unbelievable. It seems the Liverpool managers job has been cursed to making overpriced signing of mediocre players since Dalglish was in charge. I can think of a few PL strikers who they would definitely get for less than that who would surely be an improvement, let alone looking abroad.

They're allegedly going to have to pay a lot more than £7.5m for Ba, whose "advisors" are allegedly due a figure numbering "millions" if press rumblings are to be believed. Sadly, for them, he isn't the bargain he's made out to be.

In the end, we both got what we wanted from each other. We got his goals, he got his shop window and platform to perform. I am not disheartened by this move at all because we already have a superior striker who should never have been pushed out to right-wing to accommodate Ba in the first place.

So Ba is gone, then Pardew goes and does this:-

Krul; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon; Anita, Tiote; Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan; Sh.Ameobi.

Completely flabbergasted by how thick this cunt really is.

Anita is a left winger and Obertan is a right winger so i'm assuming that the set-up will be Cisse deep-lying and Ameobi upfront?

I'm not arguing that, but he certainly doesn't do that any more. He's developed into a decent high-energy midfielder for us, actually.

Yeah, i think he works quite well as a defensive midfielder as he's got a good engine and seems to be reasonably quick off the mark and happy enough tackling.

Can Marveaux play on the wings? Both BBC and Sporting Life have Newcastle lined up looking like 4-4-2.

Here's a bit more from Alan Pardew on the departure of Demba Ba:

"We prepared yesterday with Demba in the side. I was assuming that, I was in the dark as I have been on most of this particular deal because obviously the ball was in Demba's court. We had no inclination yesterday, we set up the team with Papiss in his normal role when Demba played. Although I'm tempted to change, I haven't, I've just put Shola straight in for Demba. But going forward, Papiss will go through the middle for us. Tonight he starts out on that right hand side where he has done terrific for us."

Yeah, i think he works quite well as a defensive midfielder as he's got a good engine and seems to be reasonably quick off the mark and happy enough tackling.

Can Marveaux play on the wings? Both BBC and Sporting Life have Newcastle lined up looking like 4-4-2.

He can. He's pretty decent in the middle as well. I've no idea what his best position is as he's played all three positions recently and done alright.

Here's a bit more from Alan Pardew on the departure of Demba Ba:

"We prepared yesterday with Demba in the side. I was assuming that, I was in the dark as I have been on most of this particular deal because obviously the ball was in Demba's court. We had no inclination yesterday, we set up the team with Papiss in his normal role when Demba played. Although I'm tempted to change, I haven't, I've just put Shola straight in for Demba. But going forward, Papiss will go through the middle for us. Tonight he starts out on that right hand side where he has done terrific for us."

Thank fuck for that. That last sentence is bewildering though. I don't think there's a manager that blabbers more pish in Britain than Pardew.