aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I know Berg had been pretty rubbish since his appointment but 10 games for crying out loud! And the sacking of Dyche even stranger and they've employed Alex McLeish to replace him, you couldn't script that!

Meanwhile Cambridge picking up a bit of momentum at the mo, a good away win at struggling Braintree on Boxing Day has sneaked us into the top ten and we're second in the form table at the moment. Whether we can sustain this and push for the play offs remains to be seen mind.

This better be true. It's in BBC football gossip column.

The verb "Zlataner" has officially entered the Swedish language, in reference to England tormentor Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paris Saint-Germain's Sweden international striker. The word, meaning "to dominate by force", is one of 40 new expressions to be included in the latest edition of the Swedish dictionary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

• Upvote 2

So apparantly if Liverplol lose to QPR then Rodgers will have the same points total as Hodgson did when he got the sack.

Still Rodgers has practically made them Barcelona now...

Yeah, they play football "the right way" these days, and that's much more important than trivial bullshit like goals and points.

Yeah, they play football "the right way" these days, and that's much more important than trivial bullshit like goals and points.

Apparently Jonjo Shelvey deleted his Twitter account ( scary dary ) the other day after the panning he got from the Liverpool fans after the Stoke game, thought he was alright personally, the defending was fucking attrocious. God knows what Suarez, Gerrard and Enrique think of this lot.....stroll on!!, bin dippers are woeful.

Fucking hell.

I don't know who to blame for that mess. I can't really blame Pardew because 1. we were away to a club that probably should beat us anyway and 2. we had 8 bloody first-teamers out injured. I can't blame an individual player because apart from Marveaux and Ba they were all complete shite. I think I'll just blame Joe Kinnear or something

I was wrong about Pardew, he does have a plan B. Unfortunately that plan B is clicking on his Football Manager menu and going "Overload" against the best teams in the league. We might score a handful of goals but what's the fucking point if we're going to concede 11 in 2 games?

Fuck off.

Ba to Chelsea. Not too fussed. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not disappointed, but I believe that Cisse is a better footballer who has been criminally misused this season. Hopefully this transfer will force Pardew out of the horrendous system we've been playing and back to last season's 4-3-3, with Cisse through the middle. This will see us win more games than the way we play at the moment.

We've apparently agreed a fee for Debuchy as well. This is good, as it puts the worst player in our XI out of the frame and leaves us with two top fullbacks. We've made enquiries about Loic Remy and are chasing a CB too.

If 2 out of 3 of these deals come off I will be much more optimistic coming out of January.

Ba to Chelsea. Not too fussed. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not disappointed, but I believe that Cisse is a better footballer who has been criminally misused this season. Hopefully this transfer will force Pardew out of the horrendous system we've been playing and back to last season's 4-3-3, with Cisse through the middle. This will see us win more games than the way we play at the moment.

We've apparently agreed a fee for Debuchy as well. This is good, as it puts the worst player in our XI out of the frame and leaves us with two top fullbacks. We've made enquiries about Loic Remy and are chasing a CB too.

If 2 out of 3 of these deals come off I will be much more optimistic coming out of January.

I heard about the Debuchy fee agreement on the radio earlier, and my initial thought was "Ooooh, Murr will be delighted about that!"

I don't know you and I have never met you, but you were still my first thought when I heard that news. I have to say, your initial bashing of Danny Simpson confused me a little, as I always viewed him as a fairly consistent and solid EPL full-back, but given what I have seen of Newcastle this season, I have come to your way of thinking. The guy really is quite a poor decision-maker, and his positioning isn't always what it ought to be given his relatively modest pace. I like what I have seen of Debuchy, and I think the reputed £5 million is actually a great price for him. French international, 'n all.

Graham Carr has proved himself to be really adept at finding and targeting players on the continent, and I still think Newcastle will finish comfortably mid-table which is decent consolidation this season, after having to contend with suspensions, injuries, and far flung trips around Europe. This'll maybe afford Newcastle the opportunity to further strengthen in the summer and push for Europe again next season, and experience should prove that the club will be better prepared the following season for both domestic and European campaigns.

I still reckon the future is bright at Newcastle. :up:

• Upvote 1

If you've got a spare 15 minutes - you're sat on the internet, of course you have - here are 100 net-ripping, football-puncturing, metatarsal fracturing, downright ridiculous goals from 2012. A really impressive coverage of goals from all over the world from all levels, and not just the big clubs and players.

I don't quite agree with the order, especially the #1 (grumble) but it's good viewing if you like goals. You do like goals, don't you?