aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I've said before how much I love Ibra because of how much he loves himself. Here's another good Ibra quote. Asked what he got his girlfriend of 15 years and mother of his chikdren for her birthday:

"Nothing, she already has Zlatan.".

What a dude. That quote on joining PSG is the best too. Asked if he knew many of the players from Ligue 1, no I have not heard of them but I'm sure they've heard of me.

His book is great. Dodgy translations mostly, but Ibra shines through. I hope it gets a properly translated paperback release in the UK

It is great, but I disagree about the translations. Reading Zlatan "say" sentences like "I don't like that bloke, innit!" only added to the charm for me.

What's the deal with Gareth Bale? Now that he's Billy Big Bollocks he doesn't seem to pass the ball, ever. He just runs around in a big circle, takes a shot from a daft angle, or gets tackled. Pass it, you knob.

They've given him too much freedom now, he's got such a roaming role. They need to get him to stick to his wing and just beat the fullback over and over again.

One man team.

Maybe he doesn't pass because whenever he does, it goes to an Arsenal player. His passing is pretty awful. He's probably right to just run with the ball for ages.

On the back of one game? He's set up a fair few goals and chances this season whenever he's played.

Totally different game before Adebayor got (quite rightly) sent off and the score flattered Arsenal a little.

He seems to refuse to pass alot, there's definitely no denying that. Not just today. I've seen him a few times this season where he'll receive the ball at the edge of the box and instead of playing the ball to a teammate, he'll just run in a big arc towards the other flank, and then gets tackled. Today he took a shot from a dumb angle when Defoe was on the edge of the box. He was almost at the byline He's got a good shot on him, as proven by his goal, but shooting from 'Maicon' like positions or running all over the place are frustrating to watch. He's like a white Nani.

And United are shit. Carrick AND Giggs?! The downfall to last weeks game for 70 minutes was Carrick and Scholes. What's the point of having two immobile, static midfielders playing together? Then for the last 10 minutes, United had Carrick, Giggs, And Scholes all on the pitch at the same time. No chance of scoring a goal when you've got 3 players who all pass the ball backwards. Play one of them at a time. Not all 3.

Christ on a bike the ref at the Abbey was a plonker yesterday. I mean a real plonker, think of the worst plonker ref you have seen and times it by a thousand. We was robbed. He stopped play when our striker was clean on goal and called everyone back for a free kick which we predictably wasted. Then when his assistant flagged for a clear handball penalty, he overrode him.

Still happy Norwich did Man Utd and look forward to taking the piss out of our token Ipswich fan at work tomorrow :)