aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I couldn't give a fuck if they call themselves Rangers, wear blue, retain their history or any of that shit.

They're having to start from scratch in div 3.....completely and justifiably humiliated.

As far as I'm concerned, that's enough that the footballing side of the club should have to suffer. Anyone who wants to see them playing in different strips, with a different badge etc etc are just kicking the corpse. It doesn't gain anything. Ultimately, the fans are still Rangers fans....they're still playing at Ibrox. It's Rangers. End of. Get used to it.

Let's move on. If this sorry fuck-up of a situation has to be continued, it's by the police rather than by the national embarrassment and collectively incompetence showers of shite that are the SPL/SFA/SFL. Craig Whyte, and MUCH more importantly, David Murray should be fully investigated, prosecuted and if required by law, thrown in jail.

• Upvote 1

As far as I'm concerned, that's enough that the footballing side of the club should have to suffer. Anyone who wants to see them playing in different strips, with a different badge etc etc are just kicking the corpse. It doesn't gain anything. Ultimately, the fans are still Rangers fans....they're still playing at Ibrox. It's Rangers. End of. Get used to it.

I totally disagree, if you leave an old company saddled with somewhere between 50-150m of debt and you liquidate to start a new company to wipe that debt clear, then you shouldn't be directly connected to the old entity. No history shoud stand.

I don't disagree they can be called something like Rangers and their old fans can get behind the new club bla bla bla. But it's not right to shit away people's money/cheat and expect to be historically connected to an old/soon to be liquidated and therefore defunct, company .

I totally disagree, if you leave an old company saddled with somewhere between 50-150m of debt and you liquidate to start a new company to wipe that debt clear, then you shouldn't be directly connected to the old entity. No history shoud stand.

I don't disagree they can be called something like Rangers and their old fans can get behind the new club bla bla bla. But it's not right to shit away people's money/cheat and expect to be historically connected to an old/soon to be liquidated and therefore defunct, company .

The company that ran Rangers went bust, not the club, they are two separate entities, and they are accepting a fine, and transfer ban, along with paying off the old company's debts, in order to keep the club alive. They are still Rangers as we have known them, same songs, same bigoty, same strip, stadium and training facilities, its just the company that runs the club that has changed.

Since when has football had anything to do with "the company"?

As long as the club has the same fans, it's the same club with the same history. Dozens of league titles, cups etc were won quite legitimately by Rangers. You're not seriously suggesting that a club formed in 1872, should have ALL it's history discarded because of a the immoral and illegal acts of a couple of corrupt owners over a hundred years later?

Sorry, but that's just total bollocks.

The company that ran Rangers went bust, not the club, they are two separate entities, and they are accepting a fine, and transfer ban, along with paying off the old company's debts, in order to keep the club alive. They are still Rangers as we have known them, same songs, same bigoty, same strip, stadium and training facilities, its just the company that runs the club that has changed.

Watching the BBC national news, had a reporter at Brechin, one fan walking past with a St George flag with the red hand of Ulster on it. Nice to see some things never change.

Rangers football club and Rangers as a company are both registered to the same company number (SC004276) so as far as I can tell they aren't separate entities.

Charles green bought 5.5m of assets from Rangers FC Plc and has transferred those assests to a new company. While those assest may very well include the physical trophies won under Rangers FC Plc, the actual history of who won those trophies will die with their owners Rangers FC Plc when they are liquidated.

This would be my understanding of the situation. And while I'm not arguing that this new club is basically Rangers, it should not hold any right to history won (bought/cheated) under the old company/club.

Meet the new Scum, same as the old Scum!

Biggest laugh of the afternoon was at the Hedgies equaliser and the home support singing 'Are you Forfar in disguise?' Plenty of Sevco mercenaries earning their SPL wage packets on that showing!

Nice win for Montrose yesterday, albeit against a ropey HL side....

Since when has football had anything to do with "the company"?

As long as the club has the same fans, it's the same club with the same history. Dozens of league titles, cups etc were won quite legitimately by Rangers. You're not seriously suggesting that a club formed in 1872, should have ALL it's history discarded because of a the immoral and illegal acts of a couple of corrupt owners over a hundred years later?

Sorry, but that's just total bollocks.

The history stops with the company that owns the club and that company is soon to not exist. I'm not suggesting the history won't have existed, it just shouldn't be accredited to what is a new club/company.

The history stops with the company that owns the club and that company is soon to not exist. I'm not suggesting the history won't have existed, it just shouldn't be accredited to what is a new club/company.

In that case you'd better strip Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool etc etc of all titles before their foreign owners took over.

EDIT: Could we just do it for Liverpool?

In that case you'd better strip Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool etc etc of all titles before their foreign owners took over.

EDIT: Could we just do it for Liverpool?

I'm all with you for Liverpool. And I agree with their famous saying that you can't buy history, very pertinent ;-)

Just to highlight that nothing has changed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-19046589 - fans being their typical selves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19040706 - everyone is against us crap once again

The fact that Green seems to think part of the reason they were kicked out of the SPL due to bigotry just shows he's fitted into the club perfectly.

The Sun today reporting that West Ham are going to sign Carroll Carroll for 21m and pay him 115,000 a week for 5 years, with a yearly pay rise and an option for another 3. Football has officially gone fucking mental. The crash must be round the corner.

Either that or the Sun editors/journalists are completely sane and know how to get publicity for their rag.

I don't think I've read a redtop in years. If I want unsubstantiated rumours I have the interweb

• Upvote 1

I for one am looking forward to the race for the second get knocked straight out the champions league spot race in the SPL next season, should be a cracker. They ought to just give the title to Celtic now and save them the bother of playing!