aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

So that's Fyvie away to Wigan then. What's everyone's thoughts? Had a season ticket last year and went to a handful of away games, saw him play many games, and he was almost always ineffective. Crosses can't beat the first man and showed lack of any real spatial awareness many times. I don't get the hype. I know he's young but there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of potential... Better off buying Ryan Jack, for the money they're spending.

BTW I don't wish the lad any harm (aside from him giving me the stank eye in ASDA many a time) hope he goes down there and does brilliantly, I just don't understand the transfer tbh.

He clearly is a talent, otherwise clubs down south wouldnt be looking at otherwise, but your right ne never showed enough last season to warrent the interest in my eyes. Saying that the entire team was shite last year so we're maybe being hard on the kid. Like i say tho we need the money, we dont need a central mid as we have a team worth of them already, so its good buisness for us to let him go now rather than wait until december. It should let Broon take another player in, although id rather he just kept the money and played the kdis next year.

He clearly is a talent, otherwise clubs down south wouldnt be looking at otherwise, but your right ne never showed enough last season to warrent the interest in my eyes. Saying that the entire team was shite last year so we're maybe being hard on the kid. Like i say tho we need the money, we dont need a central mid as we have a team worth of them already, so its good buisness for us to let him go now rather than wait until december. It should let Broon take another player in, although id rather he just kept the money and played the kdis next year.

Will they get much for him when his contract's up in 6 months? I wouldn't imagine they'll pay full whack when they can sit back and wait to sign him for fuck all in December. It's not like they're going to be desperate to get him into their starting XI.

Will they get much for him when his contract's up in 6 months? I wouldn't imagine they'll pay full whack when they can sit back and wait to sign him for fuck all in December. It's not like they're going to be desperate to get him into their starting XI.

They'd still have to pay us compensation if his contract runs out. For Soné, we got (reportedly) 200k, and he didn't even come up through our youth team. I am expecting a figure around 500k

Oh yeah i know we would still get money in at the end of the year i thought it was closer to the £800k mark, but why wait until then when we can get money in for him now? He doesnt want to play for us, so there is no point dragging it out, let him leave, and he can sign for Shef Wed next season and all his dreams will have come true.

I thought there'd no be compensation involved because it's a different country - like how we got McArdle without compensation because he'd come to Scotland instead of signing for a club in England and Rochdale were all pissed off about it?

Difference is Fyvie is a home grown player at our club, we get money for developing him, same as we did for Aluko and Maguire, doesnt matter where they move, its a FIFA thing. I think with McArdle, he was too old to come under the rule, or he hadnt been there long enough, cant quite remember exactly.

Difference is Fyvie is a home grown player at our club, we get money for developing him, same as we did for Aluko and Maguire, doesnt matter where they move, its a FIFA thing. I think with McArdle, he was too old to come under the rule, or he hadnt been there long enough, cant quite remember exactly.

Oh, fuck knows then. I don't know anything about football, I just have a memory for shit facts, like Rochdale were pissed off because they didn't get any money for McArdle.

I don't think Fyvie will be a massive loss. Jack has the potential to be a better player.

I echo what a few have said on here, Fyvie was largely ineffective last season. His crossing is woeful yet he still took the majority of our corners, baffling. All the best to him, though I don't understand all the premiership interest, I think he'll struggle.

I think the Dons have some good options going forward this season (as long as we can keep milsom/hayes/pawlett fit).

Need to get some defenders in though.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/111126-rangers-league-place-at-risk-as-scottish-fa-insist-signing-ban-must-stand/

So if newco don't accept the transfer ban, they will have to apply as a totally new club without the hertiage of old Rangers, and will fail the finance requirement meaning they won't be playing in any league. Looks like this tweet may come true:

• Upvote 1

If he did come back at a cut price, which is very possible, it would be ridiculous business by Newcastle. Say he joins for about £5million. You'll have been paid £30million by Liverpool just to loan him for a season and a half. And then he'd probably just sit on the bench since Cisse and Ba are better, and maybe he'll come on in the last 10 mins now and score a header. He's very disliked at Newcastle now, but bringing him back for a small fee is win win all round.