aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Guest Gladstone
Or he might stick two fingers up to Fergie and win the League and the Champions League and the World Series with Spurs.

Moyes is the man to take over Fergie though. Alot say Mourinho, but he's not right for the job. He's got itchy feet. He's a managerial bachelor. He doesn't want to be tied down. He'll just cheat on you with another club. Fuck that guy.

With you all the way on the Mourinho vs Moyes chat. Moyes would always see it as a long term job whereas Mourinho would jump ship after 2-3 seasons. That's what he does.

I had forgotton about Guardiola though. Man United are a similar type of club to Barca with the youth teams being coached similarly to the senior team etc. I don't know if he'd stay long term though. Out of the big names out there, he's probably more likely than any other to take over Man United and stay there long term.

I don't think his style of football would work at United. I can't imagine Danny Welbeck ever playing the ball with one touch other than to bloot it into the stands. United just don't have the players tap-tap-tap stuff. Guardiloa also hates crossing, and United are essentially set up to attack from the flanks, considering how bollocks the midfield has been for years, yet United still compete.

I like Moyes. He's BIG BASTARD personified. I bet he rages like a cunt in the dressing room. I bet he's always getting Pienaar in a headlock for fannying about with shitty stepovers. He gets shit done purely by being aggro as fuck. Terror!

I have no sympathy for Rangers, I'm not really pretending to hide behind the "Sporting integrity" argument, I just want them relegated out of old fashioned spite. It's comments like this in today's Daily Record phone in that fan the flames of that.

Eric White, Hamilton - "Where's the compassion for Rangers and the realisation that if we go from the SPL, Scottish football will die?"

Chris Harkins, Glasgow - "I dare the SPL chairmen to send us to the Third Division"

Cameron McDonald, Armadale - "Mr Green should have a fan's poll because I think there would be a move towards a newco starting up again in England"

Arrogant fuckers.

• Upvote 1

Walter Smith is leading a new consortium to try and buy Rangers:

Walter Smith statement "I can today confirm that following talks over the last few weeks I am leading a new bid for Rangers Football Club."I have been assisted by Jim McColl, Douglas Park and other prominent Scottish businessmen with a shared objective - that Rangers Football Club should be in the hands of Rangers people who will stabilise the club and protect it from future situations like we find ourselves in today."With this in mind, representatives have, on behalf of my group, made representations to BDO, Duff and Phelps and indeed Charles Green, notifying them of our willingness to offer on the "Newco" basis on which Mr Green is proceeding."We would call on Mr Green to step aside and allow us to proceed with our deal which is in the best interests of the creditors, the employees, the fans and the various other stakeholders of Rangers Football Club."None of our group has any desire to own Rangers Football Club but we have put this deal in place to save the club. "However, our overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium, the history and everything else magical about Rangers Football Club is protected and nurtured back to good health and provide a platform for Rangers for generations to come. "Let's be clear, this is an acquisition designed to stabilise the club and ensure history does not repeat itself. "We are not in this to take money out of the club but more so to do whatever it takes in a turnaround plan to ensure within a few years the club can be passed on intact and to the right people. "The supporters should be under no illusion that it will be extremely hard but with their support we can overcome financial hardship that lies ahead by lending their support to what we feel is the correct way forward - for Rangers people who know the club inside and out to control its destiny."The prominent Scottish businessmen involved have agreed to provide acquisition funding to allow myself and a management team to take on Rangers Football Club and make the business self-sufficient with long term sustainability being essential."I would hope that this offer is fully supported by everyone in the Rangers Family as without them the club cannot and will not survive. "We therefore want to ensure honesty and transparency in everything we do. We want to rebuild Rangers Football Club and in doing so return the institution to the standards it is known for."

for Rangers people who know the club inside and out to control its destiny

The same Rangers people who drove the club into the ground, by the sounds of it. Blue Knights consider takeover, see CVA won't work, back out, let someone else try CVA, CVA fails, takeover and liquidate, say "if we'd got in at the right tmie, we could have saved the club" and make Green look like the bad guy.

Guest Gladstone

What a load of shit. I think this is a desperate attempt to get the newco voted back into the SPL. Smith will go around chatting up all his old mates in the league etc. and persuade them to vote in favour of them staying in.

The one thing in all of this that I've been really unsure of is how the deal between Green and the administrators can be a "done deal" as they keep saying. My understanding of liquidating a company is that if the company is liquidated, its assets are sold off to the highest bidder effectively, so that the creditors get the most amount of money out of it as possible. I fail to see how the players can be forced to move to the newco as has been suggested. Employees get offered new contracts under TUPE when there is the transfer of a "going concern" either by a takeover or by selling of an asset, but that's not really what's happening here or if it is, I can't understand how or why. I.e. they're not bundling up "Rangers" (as in stadium, training ground, playing staff, footballs, cones, kettle, whatever) and selling it to the newco. What's happening is Rangers Football Club plc is being liquidated, which I understand is the assets of that company get sold off to the highest bidder not to the guy who's struck a deal with the administrators just before the company is liquidated.

I'm rambling here, I know, I'm struggling to get it into words what I mean. Green is going to buy the company and all its assets from the administrators for £5.5m, right? Okay. Then the company is going to be liquidated. So, does that not then mean that all the assets under that company, including the ground, training ground, playing staff etc get punted to the highest bidder? And the employees are made redundant?

I don't understand how he can swan in and buy the company, "liquidate" it but not lose the assets. That's not how liquidation works.

Massive couple of weeks for the SPL coming up. The silence from Neil 'Cockwomble' Doncaster, the man who did not 'envisage' a Newco scenario, is telling. He probably has his head in the sand hoping everything will blow over his arse and will come out in the wash.

Stewart Milne's position is the one to watch IMO: I suspect he would like to vote the Newco through given his previous stance on a 10-team SPL (and the fact he has a massive stadium in the works to try and keep full), but the amount of pressure from his own support might be enough to force him into a corner and block any application for Govan 2012 FC. Ditto Stephen Thompson.

C****c are in a hilariously impossible spot: they either enrage a huge swathe of the fanbase, or cut off a more valuable source of £££ for them compared to the other 10 clubs.

My fear is that any vote will be kept as a secret ballot (transparency? aye right...) to try and shoehorn the dirty fuckers right back in. If that happens, then fan armageddon looks likely to happen, and will probably bring about a slow decline in the SPL before eventual death.

No-one wins, everyone just loses slowly.....

Guest Gladstone

Annoyingly, my tranfer in the fantasy fitba thing was going to be to get Pirlo in but I didn't have the wonga in unless I ditched Ozil. I was sure Ozil would score masses of points but he hasn't, the cunt.

Balotelli is going to score 10 goals in the second half.

Guest Gladstone

16/1 !? Holy shit. I've seen some crazy odds in this tournament so far. My mate has some money on Shevchenko to be top scorer at something like 270/1. It was unlikely he'd be top scorer but 270/1!!

Stick Rangers or whatever they're going to be called into the BSP, us tinpot non league clubs would welcome the revenue. Here's an uninteresting fact which I am not sure if its actually true or not but apparently Cambridge bought an electronic scoreboard from Rangers and it lasted barely a season. Twas during the dodgy years as well!

anyways onto 'Arry, not sure how much further the spuds could go. I mean it was just bad luck that this season 4th place doesn't get you in the champions league, they punched well above their weight last season and first half of the season played some fantastic stuff. even challenging for the league in January. Ok it went tits up 2nd half of the season but they still did pretty well. Think its probably more to do with the relationship between Redknapp and Levy.

As for tonight's game well the Irish are on a hiding to nothing, deffo need much improvement from Sunday's game but you know shocks happen in football, it can be done... highly unlikely mind!

What a load of shit. I think this is a desperate attempt to get the newco voted back into the SPL. Smith will go around chatting up all his old mates in the league etc. and persuade them to vote in favour of them staying in.

The one thing in all of this that I've been really unsure of is how the deal between Green and the administrators can be a "done deal" as they keep saying. My understanding of liquidating a company is that if the company is liquidated, its assets are sold off to the highest bidder effectively, so that the creditors get the most amount of money out of it as possible.

Wasn't that the whole point of the 'preferred bidder' status that went on. Now they're drinking in the last (no) chance saloon any bidder that keeps the company out of liquidation must have 'preferred bidder' status.

I see that many of the Rangers fans want to go back to division 3 so that the SPL collapses and we all suffer.

I've not actually heard anyone thinking that they can't even cover their own costs playing in the SPL with tv, sponsership and European football how will we survive in division 3?

What happens when they only get division 3 revenue, the fans start dwindling and they are stuck paying £20k a week to the likes of Whittiker as no other club will offer him that kind of money to leave?

I would think if they went back to division 3 it won't be long before they are back in administration.

Even if they don't collapse themselves, what is the point working your way back up if as predicted the SPL would have collapsed without them?

They keep going on about how harshly the have been treated by all the other teams and the SPL/SFA.

Other than the 10 point deduction which is completely standard what else have they had?

Will the fines handed out not be wiped out with liquidation?