aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

The one thing i dont understand is, who the hell decided to take Craig Burley along?! Have they not watched any football on ESPN this season? Everyone i know hates him, most of the players hate him, most of the mangers hate him, who the fuck at ITV likes him?!

They also took Jamie Carragher.

I actually can't think of a football related person who is as shit at piecing sentences together than Jamie Carragher. He sounds like he's spitting out food that is too hot for his tongue with every word he says, along with him shaking his head from side to side like Stevie Wonder. Oh, and Liverpool. No need to add to that. Just Liverpool.

I don't watch much ITV punditry but caught Strachan the other day along with Martinez and didn't think either were too bad - Strachan for the quips and Martinez was as you'd expect very articulate and methodical. But the likes of Southgate, Carragher, Townsend and Keane are beyond woeful. Anyone remember Gazza being a pundit at I think the world cup 1998 or 2002? Think he was pissed all the time but so funny!

A cagey affair this between the ruskies and the poles. ok gonna give some ITV half time punditry a blast - I shall throw my stress ball at Adrian Chiles punchable little pasty face.

oh its Carragher, Keane and Southgate doing the half time analysis!

Southgate is very pleasant too. I have nothing against him. It's mostly Chiles and the commentators I can't stand. Keane is a terrible pundit, but it's entertaining to see and hear just how much he seems to fucking hate football. Tyldsley, Taaaaarnsend and Chiles are everything that is wrong with football coverage.

Southgate is ITV's version of Alan Shearer, perfectly nice but fucking dreadfully dull.

Carragher is so bad it's hilarious, Beglin is a terrible co-commentator as well and their other commentator Peter Drury is as bad as Tyldesley.

Chiles used to be quite good on MOTD 2, it suited his deadpan style but he is way out of his depth being the main presenter for live games and always has been since he started.

The other problem with half time on ITV is half of it is taken up with ads anyways, I usually switch to BBC 5 live or talksport if that radio prat Alan Green is anywhere to be seen (or heard).

The other fans have had instruments. Was there a reason why England fans had theirs confiscated?

It definitely made the game easier to watch. Can't stand that England band. They are on the same level as vuvuzelas.

Dunno. I just read about it on the Beeb football app.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18407626

Do they play Dad's Army? They should.

Apparently they're called the "Pukka Pies England Band" now. Sell-outs.

Imagine getting a ticket for the match and being stuck in front of these parping cunts for 90 minutes. One of the reasons I stopped sitting in the Upper Dick Donald is because they started letting the Red Ultras bring in drums, 90 minutes of constant "bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang" made me want to throw myself off the top of the stand. Stick a trumpet in there as well, I'd probably start gouging people's eyes out. Not even the trumpeteers. Just the people around me.

Guest Gladstone

Again, fuck this Euros shite, the Crighton Comeback Part 4 is obviously what you want to hear about.

New Deer FC Update:

For this first round Brucklay Cup match against local rivals, New Pitsligo, C. Crighton was again started out of position, this time at the right of a 3-man defence. With Crowther suffering retina damage after taking a ball full force in the eyeball from a distance of about 10cm in the match against Rosehearty and L. Raper suffering concussion after a similar incident against Mormond Thistle, New Deer were worryingly short of cover at the back - not helped by one of New Deer's better defenders, Duncan playing brilliantly in centre midfield in the past three matches. C. Crighton did not get off to a good start as he took the ball from M. Raper and played the ball up the line to Pirie and pulled up straight away. Within 30 seconds, his groin had gone. Absolute nightmare start. Unfortunately, this match wasn't being played in Fraserburgh, so Lucky Rathen's mum wasn't on hand for her usual groin massage. Luckily the New Pitsligo strikers were quite shit, so a less than half fit C. Crighton was able to carry on bravely (or perhaps stupidly) and had another assured performance at the back. New Deer looked far more assured against New Pitsligo than in their last meeting probably due to the strength in midfield - the only real problem was from New Pitsligo set pieces as they've obviously recently signed a monster who is about 8 foot tall and nobody could win a header against him. Again, luckily he was shite at actually directing headers towards goal. New Deer capitalised on their early pressure when B. Crighton beat the keeper at his near post with an inch perfect 20 yard strike. New Deer were well on top at this point but 10 minutes later, J. Heatherwick attempted to dribble out of defence and ran into trouble in the shape of about three New Pitsligo midfielders. The ball was played in behind the New Deer defence and C. Crighton was caught between marking his own man and trying to cover the left midfielder bursting through on goal. J. Heatherwick nearly made up for his mistake and C. Crighton just couldn't get across quick enough to block the shot which went under the keeper to make it 1-1. New Deer's confidence dropped and New Pitsligo were allowed back into the match. Neither keeper had many saves to make as the game was mostly played out in the middle of the park. C. Crighton eventually had to come off on about the 70 minute mark and now faces a battle to be fit for Saturday's match against Elizabethan. 10 minutes later, New Pitsligo substitute Christie capitalised on a fumble by the New Deer goalkeeper to bundle the ball over the line to put New Pitsligo ahead. J. Heatherwick almost put the game into extra time with a couple of minutes to go but somehow managed to hit the crossbar from a few yards out. Another disappointment for New Deer against New Pitsligo in a match they really could have and should have won against a lacklustre New Pitsligo side.

• Upvote 1

Again, fuck this Euros shite, the Crighton Comeback Part 4 is obviously what you want to hear about.

New Deer FC Update:

For this first round Brucklay Cup match against local rivals, New Pitsligo, C. Crighton was again started out of position, this time at the right of a 3-man defence. With Crowther suffering retina damage after taking a ball full force in the eyeball from a distance of about 10cm in the match against Rosehearty and L. Raper suffering concussion after a similar incident against Mormond Thistle, New Deer were worryingly short of cover at the back - not helped by one of New Deer's better defenders, Duncan playing brilliantly in centre midfield in the past three matches. C. Crighton did not get off to a good start as he took the ball from M. Raper and played the ball up the line to Pirie and pulled up straight away. Within 30 seconds, his groin had gone. Absolute nightmare start. Unfortunately, this match wasn't being played in Fraserburgh, so Lucky Rathen's mum wasn't on hand for her usual groin massage. Luckily the New Pitsligo strikers were quite shit, so a less than half fit C. Crighton was able to carry on bravely (or perhaps stupidly) and had another assured performance at the back. New Deer looked far more assured against New Pitsligo than in their last meeting probably due to the strength in midfield - the only real problem was from New Pitsligo set pieces as they've obviously recently signed a monster who is about 8 foot tall and nobody could win a header against him. Again, luckily he was shite at actually directing headers towards goal. New Deer capitalised on their early pressure when B. Crighton beat the keeper at his near post with an inch perfect 20 yard strike. New Deer were well on top at this point but 10 minutes later, J. Heatherwick attempted to dribble out of defence and ran into trouble in the shape of about three New Pitsligo midfielders. The ball was played in behind the New Deer defence and C. Crighton was caught between marking his own man and trying to cover the left midfielder bursting through on goal. J. Heatherwick nearly made up for his mistake and C. Crighton just couldn't get across quick enough to block the shot which went under the keeper to make it 1-1. New Deer's confidence dropped and New Pitsligo were allowed back into the match. Neither keeper had many saves to make as the game was mostly played out in the middle of the park. C. Crighton eventually had to come off on about the 70 minute mark and now faces a battle to be fit for Saturday's match against Elizabethan. 10 minutes later, New Pitsligo substitute Christie capitalised on a fumble by the New Deer goalkeeper to bundle the ball over the line to put New Pitsligo ahead. J. Heatherwick almost put the game into extra time with a couple of minutes to go but somehow managed to hit the crossbar from a few yards out. Another disappointment for New Deer against New Pitsligo in a match they really could have and should have won against a lacklustre New Pitsligo side.

Replay?

Guest Gladstone

Disappointing because they were there for the taking. Our 3-4-3 formation is fucking ridiculous to be honest. I'm not an out and out defender and like to play the ball out of defence if I'm playing there but the opportunities to do that when you're in a 3-4-3 formation are so limited and I'm forced to go long all the time because I'm constantly under pressure from their forwards. The ball inevitably just comes straight back at us. Not ideal when nursing a groin injury. I'd be embarrassed if any of the kids I used to coach were watching - I spent two years telling them not to just boot the ball as hard as they could from defence and encouraged them to pass the ball out of defence etc. and there's me playing in defence, hoofing the ball as far as I could because there's never a pass on. At this level 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 are the only formations we should play. At least with 4-4-2 you only really need two real "defenders" in your team because full back is a position anyone who's half decent at football can play fairly comfortably. A makeshift back 3 is a nightmare!

Guest Gladstone
Pft blaming the formation i see, where is your Darren Makie, run yourself into the ground, heart? :p

I played 70 minutes with a fucked groin FOR THE CAUSE.

Fuck you, cunt.

New Deer FC Update:

Can you not get Lucky's ma to travel to away games?