aberdeen-music

Motorcycle Safety

I have never once disagreed with this point. I am just trying to point out that I see so many motorists texting/peeling oranges in their car or putting in cds or whatever, things that can distract and usually lead to nothing, occasionally a bump on another car but not everyone has a cage surrounding them. I could be on my bike obeying the law to the letter, your man in the car comes, whoops didn't see you there, I'm not crying over a cracked bumper or a scratch on the paintwork and exchanging insurance details, I could be dead. Can't see anything wrong with trying to educate all drivers a little more. If it saves one life surely it is worth it?

Yeah, definitely. I'm assuming your a considerate motorcyclist, as you'll probably have to assume that i'm a considerate car driver, but there's a decent amount of motorcyclists that put themselves in larger amounts of danger and could potentially cause their own deaths, and irrepairably damage a car drivers life, through their innability to think about their actions (i've already used the ducking and diving in and out of vision amongst traffic example- perfectly legal, but can potentially be very dangerous as it's very difficult keeping track of a motorcyclist in those situations when you're trying to concentrate on all the other things on the road using only three mirrors and taking in to account numerous blind spots).

I think we all agree that anything that makes roads safer is a good thing but we should definitely go the whole hog on this one and not just focus on motorcyclists, though it is as good a place as any to start.

• Upvote 1

I won't be signing that petition as i resent car drivers being blamed for the actions of a motorbike rider. Yes the roads need to be safer but as Alkaline says, everyone needs to change their attitude, not just car drivers.

Its cool ,you don't have to. You have already stated you don't follow the rules of the road anyway. Also not sure where it says anything about "car drivers being blamed for the actions of a motorbike rider"

Its cool ,you don't have to. You have already stated you don't follow the rules of the road anyway. Also not sure where it says anything about "car drivers being blamed for the actions of a motorbike rider"

It's just the whole perception of bikers that car drivers are the devil that i don't like or agree with. As i said before, even the government run campaigns asking for car drivers to be more vigilant (which is true, they do) but i haven't seen one single campaign which asks bikers to behave themselves.

It's just the whole perception of bikers that car drivers are the devil that i don't like or agree with. As i said before, even the government run campaigns asking for car drivers to be more vigilant (which is true, they do) but i haven't seen one single campaign which asks bikers to behave themselves.

HIMIN. YOU ON THE TWO WHEELS. BEHAVE.

• Upvote 2

Hey, if it pisses you off, then at least it's memorable. Maybe you'll recall how much this thread fuck you off sometime, and you'll check your outside wing mirror before pulling out into some guy with a wife and kids.

Hey, it's not like it's going to make you run someone over on purpose. You'd go to jail for that. Accept it.

I hate wanker pedestrains too. Those who chance their luck or dawdle crossing the road.

This. Nobody fears cars anymore. And why would they? What's to shit your pants about over a one tonne metal box coming at you at 50mph? More chance of getting a concussion from a Nerf football.

Pedestrians are shitbags, mostly. Crossing the road without looking, expecting cars to stop for you like you are parting the fucking seas, is a major gripe of mine. Yet these total chancer cunts never get mowed down.

• Upvote 1