aberdeen-music

Start Today

Ross G

To be honest it's not one distortion sound. Most heads come with channel selectors (provided they have more than one distortion channel you can have more than one). I never was a fan of having too much stuff at my feet. End of the day it's just more stuff that can go wrong. And in my opinion you can't beat good old fashioned valve distortion. No matter how heavy it is.

From a man who has never owned and barely even used a valve amp, i'm going to say your opinion means very little to most of us;)

My dream amp is solid state and you can make of that what you will. I wasn't disagreeing that valve distortion is good. I was simple saying pedals aren't shit but then again since you don't use a tubescreamer or Digital Delayyou won't know ;)

Tone is subjective. Valves are grand. Distortion pedals are grand too. Pedals boosting a valve amps overdrive is magic. It's all about what works for you and your gear. There ain't no rules.

I used to boost my JCM2000 with a RAT. Now I just use the HEAT from the valves in my Egnater. Tone!

• Upvote 1