aberdeen-music

gibson sg standard

djb303

sensible offers its a 1000 pound guitar bought on impulse by an inexperienced guitar hopeful give him a break.............he paid 1100 and a bit last year........ i think he has learned a lesson lets not punish the guy any more ...... its on here till the end of june then its off to Ebay.............

£500 was a sensible offer.:) If I bought a cheeap strat for £200 I'd maybe look to get £100 back on it.

Granted Gibson's hold their value better but there's not been a great deal of offers above that price.

A guitar's only worth what people are willing to pay for it. SG's aren't anywhere near as in demand as they used to be.

Ronz

yep agree whole heartedly........put gibson or fender on the top and wow its amazing..............they were both caught using chinese parts............too many people buy guitars with their eyes and not their ears........ but less than half price ??? ........... you must have seen my rants on here about valuations....... only trying to do a pal a favour..........but his thinking is carwise there is no mileage on this ..................saw a brand new 62 reissue today in dundee for £2400 haven't stopped chuckling yet...........but it says gibson on the top some mug will buy this...........

There is a massive amount of novelty involved in having a Gibson i find. And the Gibsons tend to feel and play better than anything else i've played. Unless you have an alternative you would like to suggest? I'd say a fair price for this guitar would be £650-750. I wouldn't pay any more for one.

YEP agree with you on the value of this guitar it certainly wasn't worth the 1100 quid my pal paid for it...........but he is inexperienced but keen..............

the older members on the forum will remember a guy called davy white......who once told me " you can buy gear but you can't buy fingers )..............

i have ranted on here about prices before and am only trying to recoup some of his dosh for him.............expensive mistake huh ??

YEP agree with you on the value of this guitar it certainly wasn't worth the 1100 quid my pal paid for it...........but he is inexperienced but keen..............

the older members on the forum will remember a guy called davy white......who once told me " you can buy gear but you can't buy fingers )..............

i have ranted on here about prices before and am only trying to recoup some of his dosh for him.............expensive mistake huh ??

Your friend may be the nicest guy on the planet, but you have to deal with the real word. You could buy one of these from Thomann for £795. It'd be new, under guarantee, and you could return it within 30 days for any reason (including buyer's remorse) and get a full refund. Do you seriously expect someone to pay £750 for a used one so your pal doesn't suffer the full consequences of a naive decision?

Your friend may be the nicest guy on the planet, but you have to deal with the real word. You could buy one of these from Thomann for £795. It'd be new, under guarantee, and you could return it within 30 days for any reason (including buyer's remorse) and get a full refund. Do you seriously expect someone to pay £750 for a used one so your pal doesn't suffer the full consequences of a naive decision?

Thats harsh! Even though your Thomann point is right!

Dave's a good guy trying to help his mate.

• Upvote 1

There is a massive amount of novelty involved in having a Gibson i find. And the Gibsons tend to feel and play better than anything else i've played. Unless you have an alternative you would like to suggest? I'd say a fair price for this guitar would be £650-750. I wouldn't pay any more for one.

please don't take this the wrong way... do you know anyone with a gibson les paul that stays in tune ?? ( my lead player has 3 that don't.......... veldt has oodles of them , i will ask him the morn )........ i don't ...... my lemon drop ( see avatar ) has locking tuners but the G string still won't stay in tune even before i fitted the whammy............oh and i prefer my cheapo lemon drop to any of the pauls i've played but it is supposed to be an exact replica of a gibson...

its all down to personal taste some guys like pointy some like old etc etc

p.s. what is a katalox fretboard ?? is that like ebony or rose wood