aberdeen-music

Mid week jamming?

Gerry

I'm getting sick of playing scales at home on my own. Anyone interesting in getting together for an informal mid week jam at a rehearsal room in Aberdeen on a (semi-)regular basis? I'm keen on the jazzier end of blues (B.B. King, Duke Robillard, Ronnie Earl, T Bone Walker, etc.), but I'd be happy having a go at pretty much anything blues/blues-rock.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah..... the next jam at my mate's pub is on the 27th of May. I usually do plenty of 50s style blues- Muddy, Elmore, Sonny Boy. If you can make it, we can do it more in the manner of T Bone or Louis Jordan, if you like?

Electro-acoustics only....... The Smiddy Bar, Daviot, near Inverurie, 3 'till 7

Gotta big this post :)

Any mention of T Bone and Duke Robillard is a good thing.

Check out the Youtube clips of Jimmie Vaughan at Burnley Blues festival, the other week........ he was masterful and understated. You'd have loved it:music:

Hey man, thanks for the encouragement :) I'm going to check that like out too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah..... the next jam at my mate's pub is on the 27th of May. I usually do plenty of 50s style blues- Muddy, Elmore, Sonny Boy. If you can make it, we can do it more in the manner of T Bone or Louis Jordan, if you like?

Electro-acoustics only....... The Smiddy Bar, Daviot, near Inverurie, 3 'till 7

Is this mid-week jam session on a regular basis ? .... cuz I'd be well interested in going !

(be good to met new folk and jam some blues)

Is this mid-week jam session on a regular basis ? .... cuz I'd be well interested in going !

(be good to met new folk and jam some blues)

It isn't a mid-week jam- but it is well established. We usually have the session on the last Sunday of each month- but the next one is on July 1st. Hope you can make it- either on the 1st, or in future. If you don't have an electro-acoustic, you can use mine...... :)

Does electro-acoustic-only mean no 4-stringers are welcome?

xx

Nope- it ,means we have an electro-acoustic bass and would like to hear you play it. :)

We also like fiddlers and cellists, if you know any? Uke players, Cigar Box guitarists, you name it...............

Turn up, sit in, play your own stuff, try something way out of your comfort zone, whatever............ it's meant to be fun and it is.

• Upvote 1