aberdeen-music

Time travel

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

That thread that got revived about a club/venue called "Platform 19" got me thinking about how much I'd love to go back in time. I was wandering around the old Pitfour Estate out in the shire on Saturday thinking about it too. I often wish I could go back and see how things looked in the past.

What does everyone else think about this?

If you could, would you rather go back in time or forward in time? What would go and see if you could?

I'd love to just take a journey backwards through time and check out my local area as it was when there were proper "estates" dotted around the place like at Aden or Pitfour, and check out Slains Castle when it was in its full glory etc. I'd love to walk down Union Street 100 years ago, and check out the local villages etc.

I'm not as fussed about going forward in time because I have no idea what will be there, but if I could go and have a look at 100 years ahead, I definitely would!

I think going forward would be more useful. If you could go forward and see that we had done somethign stupid that took us back to the dark ages, then we could stop. If you go back, then there's that whole butterfly effect. And even if you did kill Hitler before he murdered all the innocent people. That might end up making something far worse happen.

I'd like to go back in time to do stuff like, go to gigs I missed and see films while they were in the cinema. Just wee things. Like you said, take a journey and check out your local area.

Guest Gladstone

Hmm - I wasn't thinking about going back or forward and changing anything really. I was merely thinking about the opportunity to check it out. I'm intrigued by local history and am going to start getting much more into it - reading up on books etc. I do prefer looking at the pictures though! I just find it amazing how different things must have been to what they are now.

Guest Gladstone
Id like to go back and have a look. Just see how people did things back in the day. I imagine a fair few folk on this website would like to go back and prevent your conception Jake :p

I'd go back and impregnate his Mum, so that an infinitely better version of Jake came out.

Guest Gladstone
She had sex with the guitarist from Blondie in the toilets. Willingly. So why not me? She was cock daft.

She was cock daft you say?

She'd have been daft about you then.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Upvote 5

Do I get to go back in time, knowing everything I know now?

I'd go back to school. I'd kick the door down on my old maths class room, staple Mr Walker's fingers to the desk and tell him that I was right. 10 years on and I've still never used Simultaneous Equations. Then I'd draw a knob on the whiteboard and run away.

I'd rather go into the future than the past.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone
Do I get to go back in time, knowing everything I know now?

I'd go back to school. I'd kick the door down on my old maths class room, staple Mr Walker's fingers to the desk and tell him that I was right. 10 years on and I've still never used Simultaneous Equations. Then I'd draw a knob on the whiteboard and run away.

I'd rather go into the future than the past.

Oh yeah - that's another thing I'd like to do - go back to when I was 15/16 with the knowledge I have now. Not in a pervy way - i.e. I wouldn't have a 30 year old brain in a 15 year old body because then I wouldn't want anything to do with any of the girls my own age. Hold on. This is sounding weirder by the word. What I would do, is go back in time 15 years and have a heart to heart with my younger self and pass on some selected knowledge. Then my 15 year old self would have an awesome time for the next few years... :)

• Upvote 2

Oh yeah - that's another thing I'd like to do - go back to when I was 15/16 with the knowledge I have now. Not in a pervy way - i.e. I wouldn't have a 30 year old brain in a 15 year old body because then I wouldn't want anything to do with any of the girls my own age. Hold on. This is sounding weirder by the word. What I would do, is go back in time 15 years and have a heart to heart with my younger self and pass on some selected knowledge. Then my 15 year old self would have an awesome time for the next few years... :)

So much this.

Also, FTR: invisibility > time travel

• Upvote 1

I get confused with the whole paradox thing involving time travel, if you alter something in the past it changes the future, which potentially could put you in a predicament in the future. This leads to the whole fate thing. LETS WATCH ALL THE TERMINATORZ!!!!

I get confused with the whole paradox thing involving time travel, if you alter something in the past it changes the future, which potentially could put you in a predicament in the future. This leads to the whole fate thing. LETS WATCH ALL THE TERMINATORZ!!!!

Unless you're in Back To The Future 2, where Biff goes back to 1955, gives the young Biff the Sports Alamanac, then returns to the normal 2015 in the Delorean, not the one where's he's a billionaire. FILM RUINED.

• Upvote 1

Can you imagine the awesomeness of that situation? What information would you divulge to your pubescent self? These are my top 5:

1) Girls are ridiculous, finger-bang as many as you can on top of the St Nicholas centre.

2) Smoking isn't cool, don't start.

3) As long as you pass your exams, be as wild as you like as long as you stay out of jail.

4) Start learning guitar as soon as you can, bitches be lovin' a songsmith

5) Invest all your money in Facebook

• Upvote 3