aberdeen-music

Mein Kampf

Guest davetherave

According to the BBC article, its possible to google Mein Kampf and download a pdf version, so I guess a published version is now less of an issue due to technology making it widely accessible? Perhaps all profits from any sales of the book could be donated to a charity?

I got a copy as a gift (because I like reading and have an interest in war, oh I see the connection, erm, thanks). I once held it to pose for a photograph which I sent to all my English friends when Germany beat them in the World Cup, just for LOLs. I tried to read it but it is seriouisly fucking bananas. What are you saying Adolf? What? It's all over the place.

Yeah I read it a few years back, just out of curiosity in the same way as I've made an effort to read most of the major religious texts, and it reads like the demented jibberings of a coked up teenager.

Maybe the annotations will be to try to make sense of the shite in there and to get the original message (I HATE JEWS!!) across.

xx

Mein Kampf I have read, and it's just gibbering, poorly written nonsense of a madman. I also think that the sales of any published copy go straight to a Shoah charity, if I remember right.

Mein Kampf I have read, and it's just gibbering, poorly written nonsense of a madman. I also think that the sales of any published copy go straight to a Shoah charity, if I remember right.

Aye, I was under the impression that Adolf did tend to go on a bit in it.

I can't any harm in publishing it in Germany now, as the article states that anyone really wants to read it can easily find it online. Censoring it can have the effect of glamorising it.

• Upvote 1