aberdeen-music

Bass guitar intonation issues

I have a US Fender Jazz bass that has started to have intonation issues on the low frets on the E and A strings.

The octave is fine, which would lead me in my incredibly limited knowledge to suggest that it's not a bridge problem but a truss rod problem? Does this sound about right?

Regardless, I will need someone to have a look at it - can anyone recommend a reliable person/company? Obviously if it's a truss rod thing I'd like someone experienced who knows what they're doing.

I have a US Fender Jazz bass that has started to have intonation issues on the low frets on the E and A strings.

The octave is fine, which would lead me in my incredibly limited knowledge to suggest that it's not a bridge problem but a truss rod problem? Does this sound about right?

Regardless, I will need someone to have a look at it - can anyone recommend a reliable person/company? Obviously if it's a truss rod thing I'd like someone experienced who knows what they're doing.

PM Neepheid, I bet he can help.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

should be easy enough to sort out. I set up all my own instruments, and since its a fender, its super easy. Look on their website, gives you a detailed description on how to do it.

Are the strings pretty high off the fretboard requiring more effort to play higher up the neck?