aberdeen-music

Fri 22 June // JOHNNY SKYSCRAPER + DISTORTED TRUTH // Shiprocked

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge Industries International and the Moorings Bar present:

Friday 22nd June - ‘Shiprocked' with DJ Beard Fury and two live bands.

JOHNNY SKYSCRAPER

You thought they were dead and buried: I'm afraid not. Rising from their crypt, please welcome back the lumbering punk-cover-rock-machine that is Johnny Skyscraper. Featuring members of Toxik Ephex, The Gothic Dorics, and others.

www.facebook.com/pages/Johnny-Skyscraper/158369580877472

DISTORTED TRUTH

Punks, eh? Sometimes I wish they were capable of producing a decent biog of sorts. Instead, I'm forced to make things up. Things like, "They hate politicians and social elitism, but they're quite fond of loud guitars, and once played a set to Rolf Harris while stuck in an elevator in Fraserburgh."

www.facebook.com/pages/Distorted-Truth/193599937371882

First act onstage 9pm, second act 10pm. Strictly 18+ only. Free entry before 8.45pm, £3 thereafter until close. DJ Beard Fury will provide epic tunage with his night Shiprocked right up to 3am. By which time we'll all be drunk, with luck. Expect Clutch meets Justice meets Deftones meets Muse meets bluegrass meets who-the-fuck-knows: it could end virtually anywhere, musically speaking.

The Moorings Bar - The Place Your Mother Warned You About.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...